Jump to content
Charles C

Student time for GC Holder

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My daughter is about to receive her 10-year GC and LPR status. She is also graduating high school in the US but wants to attend college in her home country of Honduras.

Do we need to file anything with USCIS so she can attend college and not risk losing her LPR status? She will almost certainly be gone outside of the US more than 6 months in a given year.

Thanks in advance for experience and advice.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Charles, This is a bit tricky I think.

My stepdaughter wants to go back to Colombia later this year for another semester at her military college but she will only have been here 7 weeks on her IR-1/2.!

Whenever I post this question the response rate is low because it's just not known what will happen for a LPR to be gone for so long.

PM me so we can keep up with each other on this.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.