SGNHCMAPR

Ho Chi Minh Consulate: K-1 I-134 Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your time.

My Fiance and I have an interview with the Ho Chi Minh Consulate at the end of April. We've searched online before posting, but we're in a fairly unique situation.

We met while he was travelling around the world and he has been living in Saigon and travelling with me for the past year. Before that he spent 3 years Volunteering at his Family's Wholesale Distribution company while living in the U.S. The terms have always been that he would learn all aspects of the business while living with his family, while volunteering in an unpaid position. When he decided to settle down he would be put on salary and offered an official position.

Now that he is done traveling and getting ready to go back to the U.S his family has offered him a salaried position as soon as we get back. The problem is since he was away for over a year travelling and that he was a volunteer for 3+ years he has no tax returns or financial statements to show the consulate. He does have a notarized statement of support, completed I-134, and Letter of Offered Employment from his family's company.

In addition, his Grandfather flew to Vietnam in February and spent a month travelling with us. He then offered to Co-Sign and submit an I-134 on our behalf to help strengthen our financials. He supplied a notarized letter of support, I-134, 1-Year Tax return, 6+ Bank Statements, and Salary Report from his Personal Law Firm. His I-134 form highly exceeds the minimum requirement to say the least.

My Fiance will also be able to attend the interview with me.

Is there anything more we should do to add strength to our case?

Thank you again for your time!

Here is the instruction for I-134 of US Consulate in Vietnam "When applicable, joint sponsor must include all of the documents listed above, plus proof of immigration status such as a photocopy of his/her U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Naturalization Certificate, or Lawful Permanent Resident Card. The officer will make the decision whether a joint sponsor will be accepted at the interview."

You need to read the last sentence, however I have heard few people got approved with joint sponsor for K-1. I would ask his grandfather to be joint sponsor and see how it goes. Best of luck.

Edited by Anonymous885

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Vietnam Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.