JobienJeck

CA residents help - DMV License Limited Term Extension

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry if this is the wrong area but I'm not sure where to post this question...

I was petitioned as a K-1 Fiance', when I got married I changed my surname. I got my DMV license after I got my EAD card which already shows my married name so my DMV license also shows my married name. The expiration on my license is the expiration on my EAD which is already about to expire next month, I got a letter from DMV asking me to send proof of legal presence to extend my limited term license. I sent them back a copy of my Green Card which already has my married name too. Now they sent me back my application and said that they cannit process my request because they requested clearance from Department of Homeland Security but got a response that the name reflected in the record is different than the one in my green card. (I sent them copy of front and back of my green card, the front shows my married name) the back shows (my maiden name).

How do I get this corrected? Did I miss a a step? should I have notifified Department of Homeland Security for the change in my name when I got married? What should I do to get my license extended?

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Moving to the US and Your New Life in America Forum~

~Similar topics are discussed at this forum, past K1~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

I suggest you go into the actual DMV instead of trying to guess what the problem is. Talk to a real live person. welcome to the California DMV! Always problems.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.