piscesjen

wondering I could find No. Cali. Filipino /Filipina.. (merged & edited)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I am a Filipina,just moved here in Stockton for almost a year now as a k-1 visa,l,I haven't met new friends especially Filipino /Filipina. I don't know anyone here except his family, I feel so helpless,no one to talk to.no friends at all.

Timeline

Been almost a year now here in Stockton,I haven't met anyone from Philippines,longing for friends that I can talk to.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Effects of Major Changes on Benefits to Moving to the US and Your New Life in America Forum~

~Similar topics have been discussed at this forum~

~Please, do not multiple post of same topic~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I am a Filipina,just moved here in Stockton for almost a year now as a k-1 visa,l,I haven't met new friends especially Filipino /Filipina. I don't know anyone here except his family, I feel so helpless,no one to talk to.no friends at all.

Hey, im sorry that you are feeling that way. I am in Tennessee. But ive only been here for almost four months. I feel sad at times too, i miss my family and friends in Ph. But this is what we chose. I only know my husband's family and few of his friends. None of them is Filipino or even Asian. I wish we live near each other, maybe we could be friends and hang out. I am looking for some filipinos here too. I dont see anyone. I see Asians but mostly Chinese. I am also looking for Filipino restaurants or stores, so far none. Most Asian stores we found are Chinese or Indian. Im thankful that my husband is so eager to find them for me. I understand what you feel. I feel that way sometimes too. I just keep communicating with my family in Ph thru skype and viber. I miss speaking tagalog too.

Been almost a year now here in Stockton,I haven't met anyone from Philippines,longing for friends that I can talk to.

I have met nice ladies here on vj, they are filipinas too. They are here in the US, but they are far from here too. Texas and New Jersey. We keep in contact thru viber and mobile phones. At least i have friends here i can talk to even if i cant be with them physically. :)

Timeline

Hi! Thank you..yeap,it's not easy to live like this very far our family,from the life that we used to. It's been a year now and I'm still having hard time to do what I wanted to do. I have been going to school every T/Th for my GED class but still different,99% of my classmates are Mexicans.sometimes you wanna try to talk but there's still the feeling of "your out of place." thank you ,at least I know now I'm not the only one.

Timeline

Hi! Thank you..yeap,it's not easy to live like this very far our family,from the life that we used to. It's been a year now and I'm still having hard time to do what I wanted to do. I have been going to school every T/Th for my GED class but still different,99% of my classmates are Mexicans.sometimes you wanna try to talk but there's still the feeling of "your out of place." thank you ,at least I know now I'm not the only one.

Wow! At least you are going to school. Id want to go back to school once i am able to. Right now, im really literally just staying home, watching tv, cooking, cleaning. Thats about it. My husband never asked me to do stuff in the house, but i want to do it for him, i cant believe i learned how to cook hehe :) .. yea, you're not alone.

Timeline

We'll I go to school T/Th for 3 hrs only,the rest of the days is just the same as yours cleaning,cooking,baking etc.I think all "ing" hehe. Sometimes it's tiring already to do the same thing over and over again. Came to the point that you wanted new things,new environment,new people to see.

Timeline

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have not had much success with other Filipino contacts in the Stockton area... I live near Sonora not too far from Stockton and my fiance Kris will be coming here soon.. We Hope!! We have been waiting and waiting for the next approval from USCIS but they keep losing our paperwork... Perhaps someday after she gets here we could meet up??

One suggestion for possibly finding other Filipino friends in the Stockton area is to ask or look around the local hospitals, care centers and clinics there... So many Pinay work in these places... I do know of many Filipinos living in the Merced area and there are some Filipino shopping/grocery stores there too...

Do you speak Bisaya??? Kris is from Davao but also speaks Tagalog...

We wish you all the best and I'm sure things will feel more at home here in the US... Add us as a friend here and we can keep in touch!!

Ayo Ayo... Chris & Kris

Timeline

Hi there! Thank you,I've been to Sonora many times ..its a nice place.yeap,paperwork from USCIS may take a while just hang in there and it will come,when my husband and I processed the papers it took us 7 seven months all in to finish .

I speak bisaya,so your fiance and I will get along well for sure.hehe,I came from Butuan City,for sure she knows that place. Hehehe.

Timeline

My wife had luck with filipina face book groups, she's also recently joined a like garbage sale type group where she has befriended some non-filipinas. There's hundreds all around you, try craigslist and facebook to start with. Otherwise we've met girls at home depot, walmart... the list goes on it will happen either you or your husband has to be a little forward to meet new people though. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.