Balisurfbabe

K1- Case creation date changed

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Does anyone know why case creation date changed?

4 days ago i submitted last document requested by consular. And it's all done.

Today, I check my visa status the case creation date has changed ( it normally always been the same, only the last update date changes a few times ). And it's still under Administrative processing.

I wonder why's that?

Any answer will be appreciated.. Thanks a lot

My creation date was changed before it went to Ready and Issued. I am not 100% sure with your case but I think it is a good sign of approval soon.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

Status was changed after 24 hours to be "issued". Got even a call from consular said that my passport would be delivered that afternoon!

Now is on the way to my house!!!

Yippiiiiiiii!!!!!!

Congrats!!

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Balisurfbabe I have a quick question...why did your case go into administrative processing and how much time did it take to change to issued? I ask because my interview was on the 8th couple days ago and we were missing my divorce decree inextensa and my fiancee's birth certificate inextwnsa we deposited it the next day but now my status says administrative processing. I'm a bit confused because the officer never said anything about administrative processing and the interview seemed to be good she said to deposit with the passport and then it would be approved but im worried on how much time its gonna take to be issued.

Just e-mail your condulate and remind them that you have sent the missing documents.

sOmetimes people who work at the consulate are lazy and they dont care when people send the documents , so e-mail them and ask what going on.

Dont be waiting

Balisurfbabe I have a quick question...why did your case go into administrative processing and how much time did it take to change to issued? I ask because my interview was on the 8th couple days ago and we were missing my divorce decree inextensa and my fiancee's birth certificate inextwnsa we deposited it the next day but now my status says administrative processing. I'm a bit confused because the officer never said anything about administrative processing and the interview seemed to be good she said to deposit with the passport and then it would be approved but im worried on how much time its gonna take to be issued.

Timeline

What I know from all the applicants and my own experience all the applications will be gone into administrative processing. This is the time when they check on your documents, get ur visa printed and so on. Don't get too much stress with AP bc it's just a very normal procedure.

Regarding the timing, It different in every case.

But mine was quiet fast: I got the visa issued 3 days after they recieved the last document I submitted.

And the next day I got my visa delivered to my house.

We really are trying not to worry about it so much but there are many reasons to why we need that visa asap so we can go back to the states together and I have a 6yr old waiting for me and we have a newborn and its hard to be off by myself with two kids. What embassy did you interview at?

Timeline

I really do understand your situation, i hope your visa Will be issued real soon.

I was Interviewed in Jakarta, Indonesia..

Pls do send email to them and ask the progress of your Case, i sent them email Twice a week at Least to ask my Case. Hope u get great response :). Good luck and be patient. Visa Will be issued once application is completed, u Should be glad bc so Many people get in the much worse situation. Give another few more days to check ur status, hope "issued" Will appear on d screen shortly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.