shantysocialite

DOT at SLEC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, I will be doing the DOT :'( And I thought I was being "healthy" (no symptoms) Last sputum collection went positive on the 4th week. They informed me via text which is unprofessional I think, considering we paid 11k for their "high standard" service. And yes, I am bitter... LOL. I'm thinking of getting a 2nd opinion because until now, I still can't believe I have it but I know it won't matter to them so I'll just go with the flow with a heavy heart.

I had my medical last Feb 9 (period also came that day). My Chets X-ray was "shady" as the term used by the nurse so I had to do the Sputum Test (Feb 23-25), and went negative. We got our hopes so high to end up negative after 8 week, too bad that was not the case.

I already started the treatment yesterday. They don't do DOT during holidays. I wish they knew how agonizing it is for us, waiting for days and months trying to complete the 130 doses. What's more painful? My Fiance was just here for a week on my birthday and I got a text after my birthday and was confirmed positive when he left. Sigh!

It's really painful. I just thank God for giving me a very supportive man. I hope and pray that none of us will give up in this journey.

To those who finished the DOT, how did it go fo you? How long did it take? There will be 2 consecutive Sputum collection right? And it shud be both negative. When is it usually done? Thanks

I feel your pain. Mu husband went through that process as well. It was really hard to believe considering that he never felt anything wrong with his health. But health is wealth and delay is just a delay. Yes it's a big deal 'cause we all want to be together with the person we love but health is a bigger deal. You'll gonna spend your whole life with him anyway so it's really better that you'll be healthy.

My husband started his DOT Feb of 2014. His last medicine was in August 2014. Last sputum culture was in July 2014 and waited for 2 months for the result which was on Sept 2014. It took him about 7 months to complete the DOT process.

USCIS
08/08/2013 filed I-130 for my husband
08/12/2013 Priority Date
08/29/2013 I-130 approved
09/03/2013 received NOA2

NVC
10/11/2013 case received
10/16/2013 submitted DS261 and AOS fee invoiced
10/17/2013 AOS fee paid
10/21/2013 AOS packet sent
10/22/2013 IV fee invoiced and paid
10/24/2013 IV packet sent and AOS packet entered in the system
10/25/2013 submitted DS-260
10/29/2013 IV packet entered in the system
11/19/2013 AOS checklist email notification received
11/20/2013 AOS checklist response sent
11/22/2013 DS260 and IV docs accepted and AOS checklist response entered in the system

12/17/2013 case complete

NVC to US Embassy

01/08/2014 CEAC status "In Transit"

01/10/2014 CEAC status "Ready"

02/26/2014 CEAC status "Refused"

05/14/2015 CEAC status "Issued"

St. Lukes

01/02/2014 medical day 1

01/08,09,10/2014 medical sputum test day 1, 2 and 3

02/04/2014 sputum culture result positive/1st day of DOT

08/18/2014 last day of DOT

03/09/2015 repeat medical

03/27/2015 immunization and releasing

US Embassy

02/10/2014 original interview date (cancelled by SLMCEC)

05/04/2015 new interview date (APPROVED!!!)

5/19/2015 visa on hand

5/25/2015 PDOS
7/04/2015 POE San Francisco, CA
7/27/2015 SS card received

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=165713 Click the link to view complete IV journey of my husband.

Unfortunately, I will be doing the DOT :'( And I thought I was being "healthy" (no symptoms) Last sputum collection went positive on the 4th week. They informed me via text which is unprofessional I think, considering we paid 11k for their "high standard" service. And yes, I am bitter... LOL. I'm thinking of getting a 2nd opinion because until now, I still can't believe I have it but I know it won't matter to them so I'll just go with the flow with a heavy heart.

I had my medical last Feb 9 (period also came that day). My Chets X-ray was "shady" as the term used by the nurse so I had to do the Sputum Test (Feb 23-25), and went negative. We got our hopes so high to end up negative after 8 week, too bad that was not the case.

I already started the treatment yesterday. They don't do DOT during holidays. I wish they knew how agonizing it is for us, waiting for days and months trying to complete the 130 doses. What's more painful? My Fiance was just here for a week on my birthday and I got a text after my birthday and was confirmed positive when he left. Sigh!

It's really painful. I just thank God for giving me a very supportive man. I hope and pray that none of us will give up in this journey.

To those who finished the DOT, how did it go fo you? How long did it take? There will be 2 consecutive Sputum collection right? And it shud be both negative. When is it usually done? Thanks

Look. There is two ways of looking at this. You can go around and feel sorry for yourself or you can skip the treatments and die and others will be walking around feeling sorry for you. Which one will it be for you?

This is tuff. But, it can't be changed. TB is deadly for you and others. Put up a good fight and soon this will be over and you will be on your way.

By the way a second opinion will be a waste of time and money as SLEC will not take the results and let you go. The equipment that they use is far superior then anywhere else in the PI. The DOT must be completed through SLEC or you will not be going anywhere soon.

Keep in mind we are all rooting for you that you get through this with smiles.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Look. There is two ways of looking at this. You can go around and feel sorry for yourself or you can skip the treatments and die and others will be walking around feeling sorry for you. Which one will it be for you?

This is tuff. But, it can't be changed. TB is deadly for you and others. Put up a good fight and soon this will be over and you will be on your way.

By the way a second opinion will be a waste of time and money as SLEC will not take the results and let you go. The equipment that they use is far superior then anywhere else in the PI. The DOT must be completed through SLEC or you will not be going anywhere soon.

Keep in mind we are all rooting for you that you get through this with smiles.

Thank you. Ofcourse, I want to be healthy and I thought that was I was doing already prior to getting the news. Well its either they are wrong or my body is just deceiving me. I'd rather take the latter. I'll just keep my faith that all these will result to something great!

Anyway, I guess my other concern which was not addressed by the doctor or nurse from SLEC is whether its a contagious TB or not. Or what should I expect from it. They didn't really explain it to me thoroughly as with the other people I've talked to. I was only told my last sputum came back positive and that was it. I tried to ask the doctor and she said, its preventive treatment. From an ordinary person, I can't really understand it well. So maybe I was itchy to get a 2nd opinion. Im just feeling weak at this time and still thinking abt it since I am living with my family, with a 2 year nephew around most of the time. During the TB Education where the nurse explained to us abt the disease. Someone asked if we are contagious (most of us in that room didn't have symptoms beside the old lady) and he said if we don't feel any symptoms, it will not be, but better take precautions. I already bought multi-vitamins for my nephew. And now thinking of renting closer to SLEC. I just don't know where. I am from Manila so its not an issue going to SLEC. I don't have any symptoms of TB but I don't want to risk my family.

I'll get through it! :) I'll put up a good fight of faith. What is 6-7months anyway, compare to the lifetime I'll get to spend with the people I love.

Thank you. Ofcourse, I want to be healthy and I thought that was I was doing already prior to getting the news. Well its either they are wrong or my body is just deceiving me. I'd rather take the latter. I'll just keep my faith that all these will result to something great!

Anyway, I guess my other concern which was not addressed by the doctor or nurse from SLEC is whether its a contagious TB or not. Or what should I expect from it. They didn't really explain it to me thoroughly as with the other people I've talked to. I was only told my last sputum came back positive and that was it. I tried to ask the doctor and she said, its preventive treatment. From an ordinary person, I can't really understand it well. So maybe I was itchy to get a 2nd opinion. Im just feeling weak at this time and still thinking abt it since I am living with my family, with a 2 year nephew around most of the time. During the TB Education where the nurse explained to us abt the disease. Someone asked if we are contagious (most of us in that room didn't have symptoms beside the old lady) and he said if we don't feel any symptoms, it will not be, but better take precautions. I already bought multi-vitamins for my nephew. And now thinking of renting closer to SLEC. I just don't know where. I am from Manila so its not an issue going to SLEC. I don't have any symptoms of TB but I don't want to risk my family.

I'll get through it! :) I'll put up a good fight of faith. What is 6-7months anyway, compare to the lifetime I'll get to spend with the people I love.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 months later...
Timeline

im really worried too in this test. i just received the results and im subject for sputum test next week.. and im a chubby person.. and i dont feel any symptoms at all.. so people which dont experience any symptoms at all can be positive in tb? unbelievable..

• 4 months later...
Timeline

im really worried too in this test. i just received the results and im subject for sputum test next week.. and im a chubby person.. and i dont feel any symptoms at all.. so people which dont experience any symptoms at all can be positive in tb? unbelievable..

How did it go sayo sis? Sorry just logged in to VJ now. Happy to tell that Im done with my DOT at Saint Lukes! I had my remedical last week, and next will be my Immunization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.