lizanddavid

Will London embassy wait for my form submission before scheduling the interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Our case has just arrived in London and I can see that our case status is 'Ready' on this site:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I believe I have to attend a medical, complete the DS-160 online form and submit the "notification of application readiness" form online before the London embassy will schedule the interview date. Is this true? Will they just go ahead and schedule the interview date anyway like the person at NVC just told me?

The reason I ask is that I plan to visit my fiance for 10 days at the end of April and do not want to miss my interview date while I'm out there or lose the money for my flights.

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi,

Our case has just arrived in London and I can see that our case status is 'Ready' on this site:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I believe I have to attend a medical, complete the DS-160 online form and submit the "notification of application readiness" form online before the London embassy will schedule the interview date. Is this true? Will they just go ahead and schedule the interview date anyway like the person at NVC just told me?

The reason I ask is that I plan to visit my fiance for 10 days at the end of April and do not want to miss my interview date while I'm out there or lose the money for my flights.

Thanks

Every embassy does it differently. What you stated is the London procedure. You could submit your DS-160 and have your medical before you leave. They still won't give you an interview until you submit the form to say you are ready.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Hi Nich-Nick. I would like to interview soon after I get back to the UK on 5th May. When do you think I should submit the notification of readiness form to tell the embassy I'm ready to interview. Thanks again

Hi Nich-Nick. I would like to interview soon after I get back to the UK on 5th May. When do you think I should submit the notification of readiness form to tell the embassy I'm ready to interview. Thanks again

This weekend, assuming you have had your medical. When was it?

And what date do you plan to put for "planned date of marriage"?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

My medical is on 17th April and I will be putting 9th July as our planned date of marriage.

So hypothetical (because the times vary so much)--

Medical Apr 17

Results at embassy Apr 21

(Maybe two weeks for them to get to you and assign date)

Appointment generated May 5.

(Appt is 3 maybe weeks from notice)

Possible to have interview week of May 26-May 29 (Closed Mon., May 25. Holiday) or maybe the following week.

So I don't think you have to worry that you will get an interview date before your return. Send the readiness anytime between now and the 17th is what I would do.

I asked the date of wedding because if you had told them Sept 1, they might pushed your interview further out to accommodate June/July weddings. Actually this may be a perfect time for processing by the embassy. They sometimes slow down with a surge in tourist and student visas. Easter and Spring Break travel season is over. The summer travelers won't wake up and pursue their visa just yet...procrastinators And those starting school in the US in the fall will rush in during the summer.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

So hypothetical (because the times vary so much)--

Medical Apr 17

Results at embassy Apr 21

(Maybe two weeks for them to get to you and assign date)

Appointment generated May 5.

(Appt is 3 maybe weeks from notice)

Possible to have interview week of May 26-May 29 (Closed Mon., May 25. Holiday) or maybe the following week.

So I don't think you have to worry that you will get an interview date before your return. Send the readiness anytime between now and the 17th is what I would do.

I asked the date of wedding because if you had told them Sept 1, they might pushed your interview further out to accommodate June/July weddings. Actually this may be a perfect time for processing by the embassy. They sometimes slow down with a surge in tourist and student visas. Easter and Spring Break travel season is over. The summer travelers won't wake up and pursue their visa just yet...procrastinators And those starting school in the US in the fall will rush in during the summer.

This is great advice. Thanks again. I think my main concern was being in the US 25th April-5th May and having them book my interview whilst I was out of the country.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.