besthopes

2012 W2 - Name issue

8 posts in this topic

I will be filing Affidavit of Support and have a question.

I worked for two different employers in 2012.

So I received W2 from both employers for year 2012.

My correct name is Ninakumari Shah. However, first employer put my name "Nina Shah" (did not enter "kumari" in W2). Second employer used my correct name "Ninakumari Shah" in W2 form.

My all documents has correct name Ninakumari Shah including 2012 Tax Returns and 2012 IRS Tax Transcript. Just this W2 has name Nina Shah.

While filing up I-130 I did not put my other name as I did not notice at that time and "Nina Shah" is not used in any documents till now except 2012 W2 from first employer. My Social Security Card also has name Ninakumari Shah. All tax documents for 2013 and 2014 has correct name.

I will also send IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012, 2013 and 2014 which has name "Ninakumari Shah".

Will NVC or the officer at Mumbai Consulate in India create an issue for this W2 ?

I will also send IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012, 2013 and 2014 which has name "Ninakumari Shah".

Will NVC or the officer at Mumbai Consulate in India create an issue for this W2 ?

You send only ONE of these forms of tax information:

A) photocopy of every page of your tax return + W2 or 1099.

B) a tax return transcript from the IRS.

You are sending B. You don't need to send the W2. Nobody will see W2.

Read the I-864 instructions. Page 6.

If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s). Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your return(s) rather than a photocopy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

my situation is that me and my spouse filed taxes as Married Filing Jointly since last 4 years.

My spouse is unemployed since beginning of 2012 and only income is bank interest (1099-INT has spouse SSN number).

So I will fill up I-864 with my income and spouse will fill up I-864A with bank interest income (since we filed tax returns as Married Filing Jointly).

So if I send Transcripts and not W2s - will it be still okay ? Will they be able to determine who is earning what ?

So if I send Transcripts and not W2s - will it be still okay ? Will they be able to determine who is earning what ?

The instructions say do not send W2s if you send transcripts.

It also says transcripts/tax returns are required only for the most recent year, which is 2014 for you.

You can further prove your current income with an employer letter or 6months of pay stubs.

I see no reason that a 2012 W2 needs to be included when 2015 current income is what you need to prove and a 2014 transcript is all that is required to be submitted in the tax return category.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.