CairoBound

Cairo Embassy and 221 (g)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Question if anyone knows the answer to.

My husband had his K3 interview on November 21, 2006. At the interview they gave him a document that said 221(g) on the top of it and the only thing that was marked on it was Administrative Processing. His papers were sent from Cairo to the DOS for his security checks and everything was completed on February 1st and the papers were sent back to Cairo. When I called the DOS today to verify the date that the papers were sent, I was told there was something in the words that said he needs to wait for interview. Has anyone ever had heard of this or had is happen to them? He’s already had his interview. Would they do another interview? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CairoBound, Sometimes when you contact DOS they will say that he will need another interview. I know that AP done via the embassy does not always keep DOS up to date with information. In any case the AP can last for several months and then they will contact your husband to come back in with more documents or his passport if they are ready to ajudicate the visa. Good luck and check into the timelines of others on AP from your embassy. Good luck. Mary

PS my husband went thru Islamabad and was given AP at the embassy level and we were in dark hole for 5 months and then he was contacted to go back to the embassy with his passport.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is good news.......the cairo embassy will contact your SO with another date to come in.....but actually they aren't going to do another interview.....they are going to take his passport & stamp it with the visa......don't worry......your months of waiting on AP are almost done.

CairoBound, Sometimes when you contact DOS they will say that he will need another interview. I know that AP done via the embassy does not always keep DOS up to date with information. In any case the AP can last for several months and then they will contact your husband to come back in with more documents or his passport if they are ready to ajudicate the visa. Good luck and check into the timelines of others on AP from your embassy. Good luck. Mary

PS my husband went thru Islamabad and was given AP at the embassy level and we were in dark hole for 5 months and then he was contacted to go back to the embassy with his passport.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for the responses. The embassy in Cairo still has his passport since the interview. He was told that he won't get it back until the visa case is completed. I'm going to try to call the embassy on Monday morning. I'm crossing my fingers.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.