mcdan

Put on AP after interview in Montreal because of additional docs, Police Certificate (RCMP)

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No update. I will of course write it down here once I got it, but unfortunately...no news at all. close to 5 months on AP. :-(

Hi Mcdan, so sorry that you are still in limbo... The waiting for us has been awful... I can't even begin to imagine your frustration level but hang on in there. Praying this new month brings you change in status from AP to ISSUED.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hi to all!!

any updates on your AP in Montreal for CR1? My husband had the interview may 21, the CO (female) told him "everything looks fine" but give him a white 221g, now 11 days on AP. :cry:

Hi Idy,

Are you still in Administrative processing?

I received the 221g letter as well, even those everything was fine at my interview in Montreal (May 11). Emailed them today, but all they can say is that the case is still in AP.

Timeline

Hi Idy,

Are you still in Administrative processing?

I received the 221g letter as well, even those everything was fine at my interview in Montreal (May 11). Emailed them today, but all they can say is that the case is still in AP.

Hi davealton,

Unfortunately still in AP, CEAC shows status updated Jul/ 7 ( Don't know why they "touch" the file and don't send a notification about what's happening) so far they haven't requested anything else. my 60 days will be on the 20 this month.

Please let me know the answer to your email. hope will be a positive one!

Timeline

Hi davealton,

Unfortunately still in AP, CEAC shows status updated Jul/ 7 ( Don't know why they "touch" the file and don't send a notification about what's happening) so far they haven't requested anything else. my 60 days will be on the 20 this month.

Please let me know the answer to your email. hope will be a positive one!

That's nice that your case was updated! Our date hadn't been updated since May 26 :(

This was my email to them and their reply. Sadly not helpful at all.

On May 11, I was given a 221 g letter at my interview for my IR-1 visa. The officer/letter said I did not need to send in any more documents, but my case needed additional administrative processing. The officer told me this processing should be complete within 3 weeks. It has now been 60 days. I check my visa status on the CEAC website daily.

As I've waited the required amount of time before enquiring, can you please answer the following questions about my specific visa case?

1) Can I please get an update on where my case is at in this process?

2) Can you please let me know how much longer this processing is expected to take?

3) If you are unable to provide answers to 1) and 2), are you able to send me the name, phone number, email address, or mailing address of a person or department whom I can contact to answer these questions and/or enquire about expediting my case?

My family and I are immensely grateful for any help you can give me.

This was their reply:

Good day,

We reviewed our consular records and confirm that your visa application is still undergoing administrative processing.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

Meanwhile, you are welcome to regularly visit https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ if you wish to verify the status of your case online.

If you wish to have your passport returned for travel purposes, you may request it by completing the public inquiry form here. We will then return the passport using the Loomis courier services and request it back when the administrative processing is complete.

I hope that this information is useful.

Sincerely,

Timeline

That's nice that your case was updated! Our date hadn't been updated since May 26 :(

This was my email to them and their reply. Sadly not helpful at all.

On May 11, I was given a 221 g letter at my interview for my IR-1 visa. The officer/letter said I did not need to send in any more documents, but my case needed additional administrative processing. The officer told me this processing should be complete within 3 weeks. It has now been 60 days. I check my visa status on the CEAC website daily.

As I've waited the required amount of time before enquiring, can you please answer the following questions about my specific visa case?

1) Can I please get an update on where my case is at in this process?

2) Can you please let me know how much longer this processing is expected to take?

3) If you are unable to provide answers to 1) and 2), are you able to send me the name, phone number, email address, or mailing address of a person or department whom I can contact to answer these questions and/or enquire about expediting my case?

My family and I are immensely grateful for any help you can give me.

This was their reply:

Good day,

We reviewed our consular records and confirm that your visa application is still undergoing administrative processing.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

Meanwhile, you are welcome to regularly visit https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ if you wish to verify the status of your case online.

If you wish to have your passport returned for travel purposes, you may request it by completing the public inquiry form here. We will then return the passport using the Loomis courier services and request it back when the administrative processing is complete.

I hope that this information is useful.

Sincerely,

wow!! there's no hope in that answer, that they might finish soon. they should update your status on the day they received the email and again when they answered. I guess they are so busy with the back logs that are responding automatically same thing to everybody. I will send an email next week as well. even though we know the answer.
Please keep me posted

Timeline

Hi Davealton, My interview was on May 27 and was given a 221g for missing a document. The consulate received it on June 4th and have been on ready status since then. The last case status date was June 28th. I sent them an email with inquiry and I got the exact same response today. The officer told me that it would't take that long once I submit the document but it has been more than a month now. This has truly broken my heart and it truly is sad. It is NOT only frustrating but there is a lot more to than that. The stress, grief, waiting and among many things they aren't thinking about that truly hurts from this process. I understand the frustration going here and now I just stop checking my status. It hurts me more to see nothing happen to the status so it is whatever and I am going to go on living a life that is a bit normal than clicking a button to check my case status.

Hi all,

just curious, if you don't mind... can you write down your case creation date that is shown on CEAC? I am just wondering wether this has something to do with our waiting? Maybe they are processing those case with priority date. for example if your case creation date is April 15 2014, most likely they already issued the visa.

Thanks

Timeline

Hi all,

just curious, if you don't mind... can you write down your case creation date that is shown on CEAC? I am just wondering wether this has something to do with our waiting? Maybe they are processing those case with priority date. for example if your case creation date is April 15 2014, most likely they already issued the visa.

Thanks

Hi mcdam:

My husband's case is from august 25/ 2014 he's interview was may 21/ 2015 but the case is on AP since then at Montreal. terrible time waiting!

Timeline

Hi Davealton, My interview was on May 27 and was given a 221g for missing a document. The consulate received it on June 4th and have been on ready status since then. The last case status date was June 28th. I sent them an email with inquiry and I got the exact same response today. The officer told me that it would't take that long once I submit the document but it has been more than a month now. This has truly broken my heart and it truly is sad. It is NOT only frustrating but there is a lot more to than that. The stress, grief, waiting and among many things they aren't thinking about that truly hurts from this process. I understand the frustration going here and now I just stop checking my status. It hurts me more to see nothing happen to the status so it is whatever and I am going to go on living a life that is a bit normal than clicking a button to check my case status.

Thanks for sharing. It's good to know you got the same response.

I think a problem is that they are still backlogged from the world-wide visa printing delays. Even now, it's taking 2-3 weeks for people to get their visas who were approved at their interviews. Normally it only takes a couple of days. Since in your case it is just a document that was needed, hopefully they'll catch up on their immigrant visa paper work soon.

In our case, we can assume the visa case is with a security agency in the states doing record checks or something like that. We were not required to send in docs. So we've lost hope that our approval will come anytime soon.

Timeline

Mine is May 29, 2014. Interview date was Feb. 25, 2015.

Dason and CandAM, can you share yours? You received your visa right?

Thanks

Case creation date on CEAC is December 19,2014 (We started the process April 2014) He had his interview on 5/5/2015.. He was in AP from 5/5 until 6/2/2015 and has been on READY since. I am praying for us all that we'll have resolutions soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.