Jack88

possible mistake on petitioner spouse G-325a

8 posts in this topic

So basically I've been checking through my immigration papers as I wait for my interview date, while I am at this I've found some copies of my petitioner spouse G-325a form and in those her Social Security number is wrong by two digits, I THINK I corrected this mistake and the form I sent had the right number but seen these copies on my personal file freaked me out a little bit quite frankly, so here are the questions:

1. What IF I did not correct the SS number in my spouse's G-325a and I submitted the form with the wrong number what are the consequences, would they deny my application would there be a REF?

2. Along with my application package as 'evidence' of bona fide marriage I sent a copy of my spouses's SS card where they obviously can compare and see the mistake in the form IF I did actually made typed the wrong SS number, would this have any influence on the outcome of the issue IF I actually put the wrong number?

3. I filed in DECEMBER 2014 so it has been close to 4 months since I did, I had my biometrics done, over two months ago my case (I-485) changed to ready to be schedule for an interview, and I already received my EAD. IF I did make the mistake and filled out the form with the wrong SS number, should the USCIS have said something by this point, or will they just screw me up in the interview since the G-325a works in connection with the I-130 petition not the I-485?

I really don't know what to think this waiting is killing me! I'm going for 3 months since they were 'ready to schedule an interview' for my case I know I'm complaining without grounds for a lot of folks here have been waiting for way more than I have but still, the more you wait the more doubts can grow in your mind, the more anxious you get, what if I messed up, what if they deny my application, silly thoughts mostly but still is no joke.

And that was my little pity party

Btw, I entered to the US on a F-1 visa took OPT filed while on OPT for AOS through marriage to a US citizen, filed I-485, I 130, I-765 simultaneously

Oh BTW I'm using a sole joint sponsor my spouses's mother my wife is a student she doesn't make enough money or even file taxes for she does not meet the income at least she is not compelled to it by law, however she did have as you know her own I-864 as a formality that form asks for her SS# AS WELL there's the possibility that I took that SS # from her WRONG G-325A form so the mistake could be present in 2 FORMS! what a disaster I am falling apart.

What can I do to mitigate these mistakes at this point? I don't have the certainty the mistake is there but what if it is, can I call the USCIS and talk about that, file a form to correct the errors?

In addition I was thinking about filing taxes jointly and present that as additional evidence during the interview, that's how I found out about all this for I was using her SS from the G-325A saved in my computer which has the WRONG SS # and since I filed electronically they notified me that the SS# doesn't match the IRS records for my wife because is obviously wrong. I don't even know if I should file taxes now or not, because I was just doing it to have additional proof for the interview, since because of our reduced income we are not require to file taxes by Law.

Edited by Jack88

First of all moderators, sorry I have created a second reply to the original post but the system won't let me edit the original post, so the way things are I messed up my wife's SS # in the I-130 form as well therefore, there's a two digit mistake in 3 of my forms with respect to my US citizen wife SS# namely G325-A, I-130 and her I-864 :cry:I mean the only thing that encourages me is that it has been 4 months since I filed my petition as I stated above so by this point a RFE should have been sent already, I am thinking that since I included a copy of my wife's SS card to prove that she changed her name and everything in it, they managed to correct the mistakes with the tools they had at hand.

However, I am calling the USCIS tomorrow and I will inquire about this issue anyway, I've read through the forum and some folks have actually called and have their mistakes corrected I don't know though if I could do that considering how advanced my application is already.

Let's see what they tell me tomorrow. :cry:

I know man but it is a little unnerving, so should I call the USCIS to point out the errors? or by this point should I just wait for the interview and then point it out, I mean realistically although the mistake might affect potentially 3 forms (I-130, I-864, G-325A) is just a digit of my spouses's SS# and like I said a copy of is attached to my filed, so it was easily fixable by the officer assigned to the case.

Now, if I call and talk about the error would this make things worse, I just want some assurance or feeback from them.

UPDATE:

I called the USCIS today I spoke with one of the first level customer service employees I frankly don't know which is the higher level above this one or how to request it, either way they told me that by this point if I haven't had received any RFE and since my case has made progress as I have stated before 'there should not be any issue' but I didn't elaborate on the mistake I made or anything I thought It could actually harm me to point out the error by this point inasmuch as the application has followed a 'normal' course.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

made tones of mistakes when filling...they will clarify what matters, the rest will be history. Relax and answer question or respond when asked to.

09/02/14 sent AOS

09/05/14 AOS received

09/21/14 NOA received

11/16/14 Biometrics done

10/07/14 RFE for Birth Certificate

11/03/14 RFE received by MSC

11/05/14 RFE in reviewing process

11/12/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/26/14- EAD Mailed

12/3/14 EAD received.

02/14/15 AOS interview scheduled for 3/19/15

03/19/15 Interview...

03/19/15 Approved. Thank you God!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.