Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

K-1 Equivalent for Canada?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

This is a little off-topic from US immigration, but I figured there may be some wise Canadians here that know about/have been through the Canadian immigration process.

I just came to the US on a K1, got married, currently adjusting status. Now it looks like my BROTHER, a Canadian still in Canada is involved in a cross-border relationship of his own. Does Canada have anything similar to a K1 that he could bring his lady to Canada? Would they need to get married first? Is it harder/easier or more/less time consuming than the US process? I'm sure some of you here must have some experience with this. (Also, she is Filipina, not American, which may make a difference)


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No they don't have a k1 equivilant. He can move straight there after marriage and apply inland or outland (both are legal) or they allow for common-law marriage.


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.