lostinblue

Machete-Wielding Man Shot at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Agreed. Both Christianity and Islam have their cults, which is really not surprising since both worship the one and same deity.

The majority of Christian denominations refer to them as a 'cult'. So to use David Cameron's words for ISIS as a 'death cult' then yes.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't see the Christian leaders, or anyone in the Christian world denouncing his actions, ergo they must be acquiescent.

I must have missed where it said he did this in the name of Christianity.

Wait, what? I thought it was a taxi driver? Are you saying that they shot the one black man in New Orleans that actually had a job?

Yeap. The unemployment rate for black people in New Orleans just went to 100%

Timeline

Wait, what? I thought it was a taxi driver? Are you saying that they shot the one black man in New Orleans that actually had a job?

You're using this story to show blacks do have jobs?

So far this story about a guy with a machete in an airport has been used to debunk radical Islam and jobless black people. Does anyone even try to talk about a story straight up anymore?

Timeline

What difference would it make? Isn't one of the teachings of Christianity that one should lead by example? His actions should suffice as evidence to that.

Unless of course, we must rethink the entire narrative about other religions as well.

I must have missed where it said he did this in the name of Christianity.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

What difference would it make? Isn't one of the teachings of Christianity that one should lead by example? His actions should suffice as evidence to that.

Unless of course, we must rethink the entire narrative about other religions as well.

So he wasn't a devout Christian? I wonder what his motive was. Because that's what we like to talk about around here. Why? What motivates someone to do the things they do. That matters you know. I bet his religion isn't in the ball park.

Timeline

I don't know... All we know is that a Christian he professed to be.

So he wasn't a devout Christian? I wonder what his motive was. Because that's what we like to talk about around here. Why? What motivates someone to do the things they do. That matters you know. I bet his religion isn't in the ball park.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what, no one is wanting to register cans of wasp spray or machetes?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Jehovah's witnesses believe there are only something like 3,000 places left in heaven (There were 144k to start but apparently by the 1930s most were taken up by the dead).

Given there are about 7 million of them 3,000 spots isn't very many. Naturally then the averaged JW must think they are royally screwed and their soul will be destroyed upon their death (because there is no hell in JW). Go figure...

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Timeline

I personally think he felt screwed as a Jehovah's Witness and wanted to destroy his soul now rather than in 15-20 years. Because we all know his soul was on the chopping block.

I'm assuming this is covered by a different news source?