CharlieTanger

Most optimal time for Medical

10 posts in this topic

What would be the most optimal time for the beneficiary to apply for the medical exam for the quickest results? Would it be immediately when you receive a case number from the NVC? Or when your petition is "in transit" to the London Embassy?

Any suggestions/advice?

What would be the most optimal time for the beneficiary to apply for the medical exam for the quickest results? Would it be immediately when you receive a case number from the NVC? Or when your petition is "in transit" to the London Embassy?

Any suggestions/advice?

The general consensus here states that you should wait until you've received an interview letter, however some VJers have gone to the medical simply knowing their case number. You should make sure that your case is at the embassy and listed as 'ready' before booking the exam as they need to know where to put your results otherwise. If your file isn't there-they won't know what to do with your medical record.

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

The general consensus here states that you should wait until you've received an interview letter, however some VJers have gone to the medical simply knowing their case number. You should make sure that your case is at the embassy and listed as 'ready' before booking the exam as they need to know where to put your results otherwise. If your file isn't there-they won't know what to do with your medical record.

Thanks, Chris. The only reason I ask is because I've heard stories around the forum that London never even sent them an interview letter via post.

I mean I would assume if your petition is "in transit" it wouldn't take more than a week to get to the embassy and it'll probably take like two weeks just to get the medical appointment...

Packet 3s usually get missed, yes. Interview letters are different. For the UK, you need your medical before an interview is scheduled, this before your interview letter.

I would say get your case number, wait about 2 weeks (or schedule it out from there), and you should be good.

I don't know about K1, but my interview letter was sent directly to me by NVC, when I called to book for the medical I was asked about my interview date, plus your results have to be there a week beforehand. Maybe K1 person can help. You will need your interview letter

Edited by vanity08

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i booked the medical once i had the packet 3 documents delivered, but im pretty sure in the uk you dont get interview letter until youve had medical. it really is highlighted better in this thread

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Thanks, Chris. The only reason I ask is because I've heard stories around the forum that London never even sent them an interview letter via post.

I mean I would assume if your petition is "in transit" it wouldn't take more than a week to get to the embassy and it'll probably take like two weeks just to get the medical appointment...

The embassy writes their instructions on the website. Step One...Step Two....

It also says:

You should only complete these steps if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London.

If you want to jack around with their instructions, then do so at your own risk. Have you considered that messing with their order could could actually slow you down if things submitted get overlooked because they arrived to soon? Your visa, you choice. Go whenever you think is a reasonable time.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I think you can only do the medical once your Interview letter is sent to you.

I don't know about K1, but my interview letter was sent directly to me by NVC, when I called to book for the medical I was asked about my interview date, plus your results have to be there a week beforehand. Maybe K1 person can help. You will need your interview letter

Does not apply to a K1 in London.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I went to my medical with only my case number and that was fine - they didn't even mention 'Packet 3.' Received my interview letter today (11 days later) ... no problems!

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.