4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

New to the site. Recently filed our I-129F and just had a couple of questions that hopefully you'll be able to answer in your experience.

1. Received a 'Receipt' in the mail around 10 days ago. It had the service centre number and a number to call to validate I am the person filing the petition. Is this the NOA1? The automated message said they would be sending another letter shortly outlining how they would be processing our case. Question is is the receipt the NOA1 or is the letter they're about to send the NOA1?

2. Can check my case on the USCIS case status checker. Currently says 'Case was Received'. Does this change much over the course of hopefully receiving the NOA2, or does it just flick from that to Approved?

Thanks any advice would be much appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

New to the site. Recently filed our I-129F and just had a couple of questions that hopefully you'll be able to answer in your experience.

1. Received a 'Receipt' in the mail around 10 days ago. It had the service centre number and a number to call to validate I am the person filing the petition. Is this the NOA1? The automated message said they would be sending another letter shortly outlining how they would be processing our case. Question is is the receipt the NOA1 or is the letter they're about to send the NOA1?

2. Can check my case on the USCIS case status checker. Currently says 'Case was Received'. Does this change much over the course of hopefully receiving the NOA2, or does it just flick from that to Approved?

1. Not sure what the first letter is about because i never received one, however, as long as you have your number to check your case online I believe you already received your NOA1

2. Your case won't change much until you're approved.. Good luck on your journey

October 30, 2014 - Sent I-129F

November 5, 2014 -USCIS received petition

November 9, 2014 - Check pending

November 10, 2014 - Check cashed and NOA1 received

November 17, 2014 - NOA1 hard copy received

************NO RFE...***************

April 2, 2015 - NOA2 (143 days) (L)

April 8, 2015 - NOA2 hardcopy

April 14, 2015 - Send to NVC

April 21, 2015 - NVC Received petition

April 23, 2015 - Case number assigned

April 25, 2015 - In transit

April 23, 2015 - Package 3 received (Email)

April 27, 2015 - Consulate received petition

May 5, 2015 - Package 3 completed & NVC letter received

May 18, 2015 - Medical

May 27, 2015 - Pick up medical results

May 29, 2015 - Interview ----- APPROVED! :dancing:

June 8, 2015 - Administrative Processing

June 9, 2015 - ISSUED! :luv:

June 12, 2015 - Visa Received :dancing:

Hi all,

NOA stands for Notice of Action. You got the first notice....that it was received and assigned to a service center. Your second NOA will give you notice that your petition has been approved.

Now is a good time to fill out your timeline. The receipt has a date. Use that as NOA1. Put in your service center. Do not put anything in the Transferred line. Getting assigned to a Service Center is not a transfer.

Your status won't change unless they send you a request for more evidence. The date will change if your petition file is looked at or shifted from one storage area to another. It doesn't mean much, but people like to obsess over it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.