Henley1989

Change of Address

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancée recently sent off the i29F K1 application. We received NOA1 last month. I live in the UK and im just about to move address. I want to change the address on the petition so I found the relative website:

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

Its a bit confusing..

The address seems to be a change for the US. I live in the UK. When I select UK it doesn't allow me to put a Post code. Am I supposed to fill it in as a ZIP code?

Also what is entry to the US? I havnt arrived yet.. Its still NOA1.

Has anyone filled one of these in from abroad?

Thanks
Levy

It is for the US. Your petitioner could change her address. Or anytime you move after your arrival in the US, you have to change your address unless you eventually become a citizen.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I don't know of calling the USCIS number can accomplish that or not. There is a phone number on the NOA1. If it doesn't get changed, you can still progress through the London part quite easily so not the end of the world.

Your address is where the letter of instruction from London is mailed. It says "we're ready for you to start" and gives you the link where to find London K1 instructions on the web. There is no reason you need the physical letter. Here are the London instructions http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/fiance_instructions.html. When you fill out the visa application DS-160, use the new address. That changes it. Your interview appointment letter will go to the address you put on the DS-160.

So.....how do you know when London has your case and is ready for you to start the instructions if you won't get that first letter? After NOA2 you will call NVC and get the new London case number. Then you enter it into the CEAC Status check. When that says "ready", you know Lomdon is ready for you to submit the DS-160 and carry on following the steps given on their web page.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

My fiancé moved during the process. I called the USCIS customer service number, and they advised me to send a letter to the lockbox with all the pertinent information. I never got any indication it was received though. When our case got to the Embassy, he contacted them directly to make sure they had the correct address.

Service Center : Texas Service Center          AOS begins!                                                                                            ROC Time!

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada (He is a German, but has been living in Canada for the last 5 years)

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-21                           Packet sent: 2015-06-22                                                                          Packet sent: 2017-11-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-29                        NOA1 for I-485 and EAD: 2015-07-02                                                 Receipt notice: 2017-12-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-03                       Biometrics Appt: 2015-07-28                                                                  Biometrics: 2017-12-28

NVC Received:No notice. Case # 2014-02-18    RFE: 2015-07-21 (RFE on I-485)                                              Approved w/o Interview: 2019-1-17

NVC Left : 2015-02-24                             RFE returned: 2015-07-29                                                                         Recieved: 2019-1-24

Consulate Received : 2015-02-26           Response received: 2015-08-03

Interview Date : 2015-04-15                   EAD Approved: 2015-09-04

Interview Result : APPROVED!! :D  EAD card Received: 2015-09-11

Visa Received : 2015-04-21                      Card Production Ordered: 2015-12-10 (No Interview! :D )

US Entry : 2015-04-23

Marriage : 2015-05-09

german_american_flags.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.