alone

Address Change

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm concerned with my situation. I'm currently in Manila working but I wanna go back to my hometown when I turn 1 yr from my current job which will be on July. I'm planning to resign and go home by August 07. Will it delay paperworks if my address will be changed? I really wanna go home since I'm not happy staying here and I think I'll lose my mind. My fiance is worried coz he said it might delay things. What do you all think?

jvernz,

I surmise that you are planning to submit your petition from Manila?

If so, why not be proactive and use your intended US address? You plan to be here soon anyway, no?

As you may be aware, Manila has a very long lead time for an interview, thus you should plan for success by using your intended long term US address.

At the end of the day, you will lessen the already confused immigration process.

Be sure to have a friend or family member that can forward correspondence in the interim.

Best of luck to you.

Hi everyone,

I'm concerned with my situation. I'm currently in Manila working but I wanna go back to my hometown when I turn 1 yr from my current job which will be on July. I'm planning to resign and go home by August 07. Will it delay paperworks if my address will be changed? I really wanna go home since I'm not happy staying here and I think I'll lose my mind. My fiance is worried coz he said it might delay things. What do you all think?

Hi! I want to help you but there's not much info about you or your timeline. I dont know if your fiancee has filed the I-129F or if u have submitted the requirements yet. Is your hometown very far from Manila? If everything goes fine with your fiancee's petition, it could be approved in 6 months or less. And once you gets approved you have to be in Manila for the medical and interview. Can u just wait for another year or less or u really want to go home? I know family is important. But this is your decision to make. The most important thing is if its already filed and your fiancee moves to another address, he should just notify the USCIS in changing address. I hope i helped you and if i confuse you more I'm sorry.

Hi everyone,

April 2000 Met online

July 21, 2004 Official GF/BF

Dec. 3, 2004 USC filed I-129F

April 24, 2005 Met in person for the 1st time in Manila, Phils.

April 25, 2005 Bought the engagement ring and proposed marriage (officially and personally)

May 8, 2005 USC left Philippines

May 20, 2005 I-129F disapproved, condition of prior meeting not met before petition was filed

June 1, 2005 USC appealed disapproved I-129F

Feb. 6, 2006 USC filed 2nd I-129F with lawyer's help

Mar. 6, 2006 USC came back to Manila, Philippines - 2nd time

Mar. 13, 2006 USC's departure from Manila :-(

May 30, 2006 2nd I-129F got approved

THE REST IN OUR TIMELIME

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

I recently filed for I129F and later changed my address. I think I have the answer to your question. If you have not filed, don't worry. Whatever address you use will be the address that your paperwork is sent to. Whether it's in the North Pole or in Metro Manila. If you have filed, simply call the Customer Service Number to change your address. Follow up if you haven't heard anything. I know I sound so confident, but before I filed and I knew I was moving and I felt the same way as you. Don't worry, you'll be ok.

Send me a PM anytime and I'll be happy to answer your Q.

David and Pu's Timeline

10/20/2006 Submitted I129F to TSC

10/23/2006 Transferred to CSC

10/26/2006 NOA1 sent snail mail

11/13/2006 Received NOA1 - (Late due to my changing residences on 11/1. FYI, move before you file!)

11/13/2006 Called Customer Service to change address

11/29/2006 Touched!

12/02/2006 Received verification of Change of Address - snail mail

01/10/2007 Bought ticket to visit Pu on Valentines Day!

01/17/2007 NOA2!! via email

01/29/2007 NVC Left - Headed for Bangkok!

02/07/2007 Packet 3 mailed from US Embassy!

02/10/2007 Packet 3 received

02/20/2007 Packet 3 mailed (EMS Next Day)

02/21/2007 Packet 3 Received at Embassy (no signature)

03/06/2007 Received response from Embassy - Packet 4 mailed 02/28/07. Interview scheduled 5/16/2007!

05/16/2007 Interview. Embassy requests passport amended. Luckily the turnaround time is two days in Bangkok.

05/21/2007 Pu returns to Embassy with new passport, visa granted. Visa issued the following day.

05/26/2007 Pu arrives in USA!

05/30/2007 Married!

06/26/2007 Overnighted AOS petition to Chicago Lockbox

06/27/2007 AOS petition delivered to Chicago lockbox, signed for by V Bustamante

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You may find this helpful...

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

USCIS Online Change of Address

Introduction

Customers who have an application and/or petition which has been filed with USCIS but has not yet been decided (also known as a 'pending' case) should notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

The law requires nearly all non-U.S. Citizens1 to report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11. Abiding by these legal requirements and completing the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS. Non-citizens with pending cases must do both.

Most customers can now notify USCIS to change their address on a pending case online here on our website. Non-citizens can also now complete the Form AR-11 online here on our website.

If you choose to change your address online using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have some information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

* Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS).

* Your new address

* Your old address

* If you have filed a petition for a family member, please have the names and biographical information for that person.

* When you last entered the United States (if you cannot remember this information please fill in an approximate date)

* Where you last entered the United States (through what port of entry you entered - whether by land, sea or air)

Welcome to Change of Address on the Internet for USCIS

You may be able to update your address with USCIS here on this web page. You must read our Terms and Conditions.

Terms and Conditions

This online change of address tool can allow customers to accomplish two different purposes at the same time:

* For almost all non-U.S. citizens present in the U.S. for more than 29 days, to comply with the legal requirement to notify DHS of any change of address (currently using Form AR-11, Alien's Change of Address Card)

* For individual customers who have pending applications and/or petitions with USCIS to change the address where USCIS should notify them of actions on their case

After filling out the information needed to do an online change of address, you will be asked to select a "Signature" button. By selecting the "Signature" button, you will be certifying under penalty of perjury that the information that you have provided is true and correct.

At the end of this process, you will be given the opportunity to download or print your completed Form AR-11 for your own records. Even though you are not required to print it out, we encourage you to print, sign, and date it in permanent ink and keep a paper copy of the electronic submission for your own records.

If you choose to use this online electronic change of address notification, please do not mail in a Form AR-11. On the other hand if you choose not to use this online tool and instead choose to mail in a paper Form AR-11 please understand that doing so will not update your address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS.

Kendall & Suphee

01/01/2007 Engaged in Thailand

02/02/2007 I-129F Sent express mail to Texas Service Center

02/05/2007 I-129F signed for

02/12/2007 Check cashed by USCIS

02/17/2007 NOA1 snail mail

05/08/2007 NOA2 (Guess... Never got notice)

05/15/2007 NVC receives approved I-129F

05/22/2007 NVC sends to BKK

05/29/2007 BKK Consulate receives

06/01/2007 BKK Consulate sends packet 3 (Suphee never receives)

06/05/2007 BKK Consulate re-sends packet 3 (Suphee never receives)

06/06/2007 BKK Consulate emails packet 3

06/06/2007 Return packet 3 via DHL

06/13/2007 BKK Sends packet 4 and assigns Interview date

07/19/2007 INTERVIEW

07/20/2007 VISA (hopefully)

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply you sent here. I just sent my documents to my fiance but he hasn't received it yet plus he hasn't prepared the forms to submit to USCIS yet coz he's dad is sick. Our estimate is for him to send it by March. I already signed my documents with the Manila address on it. I'm living with my sister here in Manila so if I go home to my hometown, which is in Cagayan de Oro City in Mindanao, there'll still be someone to receive my packet for medical and interview. My sister will still stay here in the same address. My fiance told me it would be better if I just take a vacation in my hometowm and come back again here in Manila so we don't have to submit address change. What dya all think? Is that a good idea?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.