crozzman

montreal number to check status

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried calling the Embassy/Consulate number posted on here, all it did was ring, then i tried the new DOS number and was told not to call them for K-1 visa info, call NVC for info

even if its at the embassy.

I want to find out if they logged my packet 3 and have sent packet 4 yet.

any idea what number i should be calling to check status. I also filled out my DS-160 and didnt see a payment option, how do i pay this fee or do i pay it at interview. I would rather pay it ahead of time

thank you so much,

Chris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Montreal doesn't have a phone number to be reached anymore. They stopped their contact number over a year ago. They can only be reached by email and will take 3-5 days to get back to you.

Timeline

I got an e-mail for Packet 4 instructions and that came about a week after I sent the Packet 3 e-mail. The interview fee is paid before you can access the interview scheduling option online.

Has it been longer than a week after sending Packet 3 for you?

Timeline

Did they send you and e-mail or did you send your packet 3 after logging into CEAC and seeing it read, ready for interview, It will be a week next tuesday. since i send packet 3

Timeline

A week after that I e-mailed my DS-160/Passport scan/Checklist scan, Montreal sent an e-mail explaining that I can go ahead and book an interview and medical, which is what Packet 4 is about. If I were you, I'd just sit tight until next week. Montreal's been pretty speedy as far as I can tell.

Timeline

I just check my case number on CEAC, and it now says status updated march 13th, but doesn't say what is updated, when or how will I know what that means, Is there any way to check with Montreal Consulate or NVC to check on what Our status update means, are we getting a packet 3 or 4 soon. I e-mailed them my packet 3 on Wednesday march 11th, because I hadd seen someone posted on here that once CEAC said case was ready for an interview and you didn't receive packet 3 yet, you should sent it anyway so I did.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have no idea where to go, do I wait or can I call a number to check on what that new updated status means

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.