Nadulka

L2 or E2 Visa - Please Help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi I am an entrepreneur from Slovakia a permanent resident of Canada.

I left to US under ESTA and overstayed for 3 days (33days). I came back to Canada and apply for B1 visa but was denied due to immigrant intent. I reapply again within a week and was denied again. Officer told me that I still can try ESTA so I did but they denied me at the borders and got a stamp that I am inadmissible under ESTA plus made me go under oath and fingerprint me and all that stuff. They basically thought that I worked there but I didn't went to conferences and was there for business.

2 months after I tried to apply again for B1 to go to conference - I was denied and they told me that I need to wait a bit longer. Establish myself in Canada and then apply again like in 6-12 months. There is no way they will be letting me in as visitor anytime soon.

I need to go back to US to build my startup and I am thinking about two categories either E2 or L2. I invested a lot of money in my startup that would be good for E2 and might have some money to show them that I can invest more. My company does not produce any revenue as it is early stage hi-tech starup but has a potential of making really good margins. As for L2 I have been working for my startup for last 2 years but have not been taking any salary.

I need an advice which category is better for my based on the history of refusals. I cant afford to get denied again. Which category is also faster and can I apply for L2 at the borders?

If I get my Canadian citizenship would I get in to US under the Canadian passport without needing visa or they would know that I am the same person that they keep on denying?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

L2 means your spouse has a L1?

Have not looked to see if Slovakia is eligible for E2, assuming it is, how much initial investment will you be looking at in the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Then I presume you mean a L1, how many employees does your business currently have?

For the E2 I was asking how much you will be initially investing in the US, how many employees do you anticipate taking on in the first year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I have one employee but want to hire more employees the first year - my startup is not making any money right now so I think I can't apply for E2.

L is for multinational companies to move staff to the US, really do not expect that you situation falls into that category.

E2 requires investment in the US, and from what I can tell you are not intending to invest anything significant.

Time to consult with a Lawyer, maybe something you can look to do in the longer term.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.