Keithshun

Case completed but i found an error on my iv application

8 posts in this topic

My case has been completed 3 days ago and when i check my ceac immigrant application where you can view and edit

I found an error on my daughter's place

Of birth. It says Portugal instead of philippines! I

Never noticed that part bcoz it was my dad who did it for me!! I am so worried right now bcoz i was so happy that my case got

Completed and we are so close to the interview. Are we gonna get denied bcoz of an error on her place of birth on her online immigrant visa application?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yes, its not a problem

its normal sometimes date of birth is wrong..it can be corrected as long as person is authentic

so no need to worry so much NVC can handle it

When your case got completed from NVC

did they email you?

Because as far as i know they send case to respective consulate for the interview.

Did they update through email that NVC case is completed and waiting for the consulate for interview

or you get letter of interview?

They sent me a checklist and told

Me that my case has been completed and i should let my husband bring the checklist to his interview. And we will have to wait for them

To email us the interview date. And also sent the same checklist to my daughter when her case got completed last December.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

in my case

My Fiancee called

they said nvc completed the case and waiting for the interview date from the respective consulate.

But being a beneficiary i did not get any email of "nvc case completion"

So i am still in dilemma whether case got completed or still at nvc because i don't have written confirmation

What should i do?

Just wait. You will get an email soon. If not case complete email, maybe an email about your interview date. And good for you if you didnt get a checklist. So nothing to worry about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.