Forever123

Last minute questions!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone!

My father filed for my sister and her daughter a very very long time ago, and we are surprised but so excited to know that she finally got her interview letter! We actually received the interview letter through an email but she has not gotten anything at her house. Does she need to take an original mailed letter to the interview or will a print off be enough?

Also, thanks to VJ, I have learned a lot but also have a million questions. I see a lot of people write about packet 3/4 and I have no idea what that is and we are worried because she has not received any of this at her house. We also hear about people having to do the DS260? Does she and her daughter need to do this? On the interview letter it doesn't say anywhere about doing this. Also, I've read about setting up an account with DHL so her visa could get delivered properly, and paying her resident card fee and setting up where that goes.

The letter only says to bring photographs, updated tax returns from sponsor, and updated police records. On the letter it says that the embassy will have a copy of everything else.

She is getting her medical done tomorrow and her interview is the 17th. We have waited so long and we would hate for there to be more delays for just not informing ourselves well enough.

Also, who can I contact at this point? UCIS? NVC? The embassy?

She will be interviewed in Bogota, Colombia.

Thanks!!!

I-129 Sent: 6-26-2015

I-129 NOA1: 6-30-2015

I-129 NOA2: 7-23-2015 (26 days total!)

NVC Rcvd: 8-21-2015

Case # Assigned: 8-25-2015

Consulate Rcvd: 9-03-2015

Packet 3 Rcvd: 9-11-2015

Packet 3 Sent: 10-1-2014

Packet 4 Rcvd: 10-6-2014

Medical Sched: 10-22-2014

Interview Sched: 11-04-2014 (Approved!!!)

Visa Rcvd: 11-17-2014

POE:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am petitioning my dad from the Philippines so I am not positive this will apply to your case but here it goes:

A copy of the interview letter is enough, and yes she needs to do the DS-260 after it's done she needs to print out the confirmation page and bring it to the interview.

ceac.state.gov <--- that's the website where she can do it at.

Edited by Joy09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you so much,

so I'm assuming thats packet "4" and when getting the DS-260 it will be for an immigrant visa?

Thanks again!

I-129 Sent: 6-26-2015

I-129 NOA1: 6-30-2015

I-129 NOA2: 7-23-2015 (26 days total!)

NVC Rcvd: 8-21-2015

Case # Assigned: 8-25-2015

Consulate Rcvd: 9-03-2015

Packet 3 Rcvd: 9-11-2015

Packet 3 Sent: 10-1-2014

Packet 4 Rcvd: 10-6-2014

Medical Sched: 10-22-2014

Interview Sched: 11-04-2014 (Approved!!!)

Visa Rcvd: 11-17-2014

POE:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I am assuming its for an immigrant visa since she wants to be a permanent resident of the U.S correct? Also I am not sure about this "packets" all I know is she and her daughter needs to complete the DS-260 before their interview and also needs to pay for their visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.