togetmarried

Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage: Printout & Is this enough?

4 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been asked several times, but I'm sure you will agree that it is nice to have someone else look at things and pitch in..

especially when it comes to immigration matters. I'm filing for i-751 after 2 years of marriage to my wonderful husband!

My first question is:

- Is it ok to submit print-out copies? These days no one seem to do things on paper, and some of our evidences are available only on website and print-outs. Like, our our apartment leases. I asked and they said: you can go online and print them! Even the ones that the apartment office gave us (after my pestering them) were essentially print out of the online pages.

Is there any advice on this matter?

Secondly, do you think the following is enough? I have many other nitpicky questions for each item...

Identity documents/legal documents

1. A copy of marriage certificate (not a notarized one, just a photocopy of the original)

2. A copy of our drivers licenses with the same current address

Residence History

1. Copy of apartment lease (2013)

2. Copy of apartment lease #2 (2014)

3. Notarized copy of deed (present), lists both our names

4. An invoice from HOA for the current dwelling, jointly occupied and lists both names.

(I know this may not mean much, but since we had it so handy, sitting on our desk.. why not)

Insurances

1. An original copy of auto insurance card listing both our names and our two cars

2. Copy of health insurance card listing my name as my husband's dependent

3. Print out of dental insurance coverage & ID pages (from the company website), listing me as the spouse of my husband

Financial History

1. A stamped/notarized letter from the bank, confirming accounts jointly owned by us, lists both our names

2. Print-out copies of our bank statements from the past 2 years

(can I just send the first pages showing our names and total amounts, or should I give them the whole thing?

It will mount to about 60 pages of card transactions…)

3. A void check with both names (but has the address of our old apartments. Is that ok?)

4. A void deposit slip for the savings account with both names printed on it

5. A copy of IRS tax return transcript (printed from IRS online) for year 2013, jointly filed

(we haven't done our 2014 tax. Should we put a photocopy of our forms when we file? not an official transcript?)

6. A check from the apartment for a security deposit refund, listing both names and our current address

7. Student Loan Documents

- a disclosure statement (it's in my name, but I'm including documents to show that the financial responsibility for the loan is shared by both of us)

- a payment history page printed out from the loan servicer website

- print-outs of the bank statement pages showing regular payments withdrawn from a joint account

Social History

1. 35 photos of the couple, including pictures of the wedding and reception,

taken at different locations since 2008 (we dated for over 5 years before getting married.

Thought it'd be nice to document the whole relationship, not just the time after the marriage. Some pictures have our family and friends. )

2. A wedding invitation card and envelope from a friend, addressed to both

Edited by togetmarried

1. Print-out copies are fine. In fact, you should be sending copies of all documents. You can keep the originals for yourself.

2. I think you evidence looks good.

3. Omit the marriage certificate. It is not part of the ROC process.

4. For the financial statements I sent every single page from every month. Other suggest sending quarterly statements. If you are sending the quarterly ones, I would suggest showing the transactions. That is what they want to see - that you are using your accounts.

5. Write a note explaining that you haven't yet filed for 2014.

6. I got tax transcripts mailed to my house from the IRS. Could you order some?

7. I would omit "social history" evidence. Those are considered "weak" evidence and I think the rest of your stuff is pretty solid.

Good luck! :)

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

1. Print-out copies are fine. In fact, you should be sending copies of all documents. You can keep the originals for yourself.

2. I think you evidence looks good.

3. Omit the marriage certificate. It is not part of the ROC process.

4. For the financial statements I sent every single page from every month. Other suggest sending quarterly statements. If you are sending the quarterly ones, I would suggest showing the transactions. That is what they want to see - that you are using your accounts.

5. Write a note explaining that you haven't yet filed for 2014.

6. I got tax transcripts mailed to my house from the IRS. Could you order some?

7. I would omit "social history" evidence. Those are considered "weak" evidence and I think the rest of your stuff is pretty solid.

Good luck! :)

Thank you!

Looks like my i-751 package will be a thick one :)

Always submit copies unless specifically asked to submit originals!! :)

Good luck!!

ROC (Divorce Waiver)- CSC

2/14/14- Filed for Divorce

2/28/14- Sent I751 Packet (divorce pending)

3/3/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

3/5/14- Check Cashed & NOA1 Received in the Mail

3/6/14- GC Expired

3/11/14- Received Biometrics Appt. Letter (for 3/28)

3/21/14- Biometrics (done 1 week early)

5/20/14- RFE received for divorce decree/more evidence

8/8/14- Submitted further evidence, no divorce decree yet

9/12/14- I751 Denial received

10/8/14- Divorce finalized

10/14/14- Sent I751 Packet again, with divorce decree! (Refiling)

10/15/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

10/17/14- Check Cashed

11/03/14- Biometrics Done

3/6/14- 1 Year Extension Expired

3/24/15- I551 Stamp in Passport (1 year extension)

4/16/15- APPROVED! E-mail & Text Received

4/20/15- Approval Letter Received via Mail

4/25/15- GC in hand! Happy Birthday to me! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.