stanislavski

green card interview done - have a question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello immigration mavens :-)

my wife and I have just completed our interview. We've been married for 8 months, all documents were in order, supporting docs etc. The interview was quite pleasant, lasted about 15 minutes. The officer kept coming back to supporting docs, as the condo is in my name only and my wife is not on my car insurance due to her having sold her car just recently and not yer registered on mine. We do have a bank account together and we do have a health insurance policy together. I was expecting to be told one way or another but at the end of the interview, the officer said she would render her decision (possibly with a supervisor?) and let me know via mail. Is this normal procedure? We had gone in thinking we'd know right away - especially since we are both in our 60's, our families are co-mingled (my daughters and hers hang out together and we had pics to prove it), we have taken many trips together and have airline tix to prove it etc...why the delay in making a decision? Or is this just bureaucratic procedure? We live in Orlando, FL, btw. All the other steps leading up to the interview went without a hitch.

Thanks for your input

George

Same thing happened to us. She did not tell us we were approved right away on the spot. Just said something like "everything looks good; you'll have a decision soon." I think they just have to run it past a supervisor, maybe.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We got the same story over 2 years ago at the Seattle USCIS office. think that they were in training.....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.