oyedun

Case returned to USCIS for revocation

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, been reading on this site for some time now but just decided to post sth for advise. Met my spouse through a friend here in US. We started talking and I found her to be responsible and decided after 4 or 5 months that she is someone I could marry so I made up my mind. I visited Nigeria In August 2012 because her and we did a little court wedding with few friends in attendance. She went for interview Jan,2014. Put on AP and was later recommended for revocation. The I-130 finally got to Houston office in sept 2014 and I haven't heard anything from the office till date. Been at the office twice in the last 4 months. I received two alerts on Feb 20th, one in the morning saying a NOIR has been sent to me and later that evening got a mail saying after review, the petition or case has been reopened. I only received a notice on reopening of case. I have called several times in recent weeks to ask them about a NOIR sent but was told to only honor the last notice on reopening of our case. Is it the usual thing before NOIR to get case reopened first or what could reopening of case possibly mean? Please advise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, been reading on this site for some time now but just decided to post sth for advise. Met my spouse through a friend here in US. We started talking and I found her to be responsible and decided after 4 or 5 months that she is someone I could marry so I made up my mind. I visited Nigeria In August 2012 because her and we did a little court wedding with few friends in attendance. She went for interview Jan,2014. Put on AP and was later recommended for revocation. The I-130 finally got to Houston office in sept 2014 and I haven't heard anything from the office till date. Been at the office twice in the last 4 months. I received two alerts on Feb 20th, one in the morning saying a NOIR has been sent to me and later that evening got a mail saying after review, the petition or case has been reopened. I only received a notice on reopening of case. I have called several times in recent weeks to ask them about a NOIR sent but was told to only honor the last notice on reopening of our case. Is it the usual thing before NOIR to get case reopened first or what could reopening of case possibly mean? Please advise.

What they are doing now with reopening is reading CO's notes at interviewing and also going over what they said when they approved you at the beginning of I-130 approval.

1. You will either be reaffirmed without having to send in any evidence. And your petition sent back to embassy for 2nd interview.

2. Or you will be sent a letter of Notice to revoke you and a list of denial points that the CO lists (all the reasons they denied you a Visa) and you will have to address each point with evidence.

3. You will Send the evidence to USCIS. They give you only 30 days to do this. Once they review all your evidence to all the denial points they will either reaffirm or deny you.

So as they say give them a chance to review and render a decision they will let you know what they decide.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, the NOIR for our case finally came today was given 15days to send in a rebuttal. I have just 11 days from today co It was mailed march 4th but delivered on march 7th. The CO states.

1. That we were introduced to each through a friend

2. That I proposed to marriage within a month.

3. That I went to Nigeria and within 3 weeks of my visit and us seeing the first time we got married.

4. That family members didn't show up in our court wedding but our friends and my spouse uncle.

5. That when I visited Nigeria, that I didn't stay with my in-laws but stayed in hotel.

6. That when my wife was asked about my hobby, that she appeared to be lack knowledge of my life and routine.

7. That the photographs we submitted only show the wedding and few other pictures that appear to have been taken over a few days.

Few answers to the CO notes on us.

1. I met my wife through one of her friends. I have know my wife's friend here in US since 2009. She's a good lady in all ramifications and God fearing, so I approached her then that I would be so happy to meet one of her friends to be my wife. So she said her friends are in Nigeria, so we were introduced to each other. The first thing I told my wife in our early conversations then was I wanted her as a wife. That I wasn't interested in wasting my time and anyone's time anymore. That I just wanted to settle down. She appeared to me responsible and I made up my mind to go tie the knot with her in a lil court marriage so I don't lose her. And I wont lie to you all, she's the best thing that has happened to me in my adult life. I TRUST THIS WOMAN and that's all I wanted, someone I could trust and she hasn't failed me in any way since 2012 that we met.

In addition, not many readers may believe in this but some Nigerians do consult with their pastors to pray with them concerning making decisions with marriage. I did that within a month we met and my wife did so, I was encouraged by my pastor to move with the union and I did.

2. The above explanation explains 2 also

3. I quickly went home in Nigeria to go tie the knot wt her so I don't lose her coz I know she's best with me. (Met her April and I married her in August). I have seen that happened in the US here too.

4. When I travelled home, I didn't make known to many people so I planned it to just have lil court marriage with my wife and that when I am financially buoyant to do the traditional wedding and church wedding, I will invite the whole family.

5. The main reason I stayed in hotel was for security purpose because Nigeria is not all that safe for people that come in from overseas, I only go to the hotel to sleep at night but I had all my meals in my in-laws house.

6. I really don't have a known hobby then coz I was in nursing school and I had to work to pay my bills, so all I do then was work and study( studying is not really my hobby but I just had to study so I can pass.....LOL). The CO was asking my wife continuously if I party and she said repeatedly I don't .She was asked what do I normally do then, she replied I work a lot and also go to school.

7. I am really not a person that likes taking pictures and that's killing us with USCIS. But we have few more now.

Please advise and your comments/contributions will be well appreciated as I am preparing my rebuttal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.