Jump to content

question about passports

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the forum.

It depends. You should likely look over page 4 of the Form I-129F petition instructions and see how are able to prove that you are a US citizen. Some folks use their US passport as a way to show that they are a US citizen.



Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you the US citizen need a passport to file a I-129f, to start the visa process? (My fiance has came to the USA to see me, I haven't went to England to visit him. So I haven't had the need for one)

No. A passport is not required as long as you can prove you are a US citizen.

May I suggest that you begin the process of obtaining a passport as i am sure you will want to visit his home in the UK in the future or maybe do other international travel--Canada and Mexico now require passports. I have been to the postoffice where I see a mother with her kids filling out the expidite application becasue they are going on a trip in a few weeks and forgot to get their passports. Plus it is a handy form of ID that proves citizenship plus age--saved me an extra trip to the DMV when changing states and the lady was not going to accept the DL from the other state as proof of age.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.