Bosco

Arabic Alphabet game

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have Yusuf Islam's A is for Allah song in my head. Not suprising, since my Yusuf playlist with "An other cup" and "Footsteps in the Light" has gotten a lot of playtime on my ipod this week.

Baa is the beginning of Bismillah (in the name of God)

bismillah3.jpg

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, my first time to play...hopefully I have this right, I am just learning script which I have been pushing back on for some time now.

شكرا = thanks

Next up Khaa = خ

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Ok, my first time to play...hopefully I have this right, I am just learning script which I have been pushing back on for some time now.

شكرا = thanks

Next up Khaa = خ

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

The Arabic word should have began with thaa rather than the English word, but I am glad you are playing. (F) I will look for an Arabic alphabet chart because the order is hard to memorize. Even if it is not in order, we are learning, right?

jiim follows thaa so I will continue with jiim

جديد jadid - new

Next up is Haa ح

Filed: Other Timeline
aralph_ph.jpg

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Other Timeline

حمار = hmar = donkey

next up khaa

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

شكرا = thanks

Next up Khaa = خ

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

The Arabic word should have began with thaa rather than the English word, but I am glad you are playing. (F) I will look for an Arabic alphabet chart because the order is hard to memorize. Even if it is not in order, we are learning, right?

جديد jadid - new

Next up is Haa ح

Shukran! Yes, the order is so hard to memorize, this is only one of the reasons I have put off learning script, at first glance I thought "yeah right, I'll stick to english and roman letters thank you very much!" However, I want so much to read the Quran in script, not English. I think so much is lost in the translation to English even though I am sure they make a great effort to translate as close as possble.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

شكرا = thanks

Next up Khaa = خ

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

جديد jadid - new

Next up is Haa ح

Shukran! Yes, the order is so hard to memorize, this is only one of the reasons I have put off learning script, at first glance I thought "yeah right, I'll stick to english and roman letters thank you very much!" However, I want so much to read the Quran in script, not English. I think so much is lost in the translation to English even though I am sure they make a great effort to translate as close as possble.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

I kept a printout of the alphabet taped to the side of my monitor for the longest time.

Also, it isn't necessary to write the words in Arabic script. English letters is fine too!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i wanna learn how to set up arabic on my keyboard.. But i tried and couldnt figure it out.. anyone know how to do it?? Once my husband gets here.. I know He would need it to talk to his family.. And I am DYing to start typing it :D

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

i wanna learn how to set up arabic on my keyboard.. But i tried and couldnt figure it out.. anyone know how to do it?? Once my husband gets here.. I know He would need it to talk to his family.. And I am DYing to start typing it :D

Go to your Control Panel.

Go to Regional and Language Options

Click on the Languages tab

Check the box under Supplemental Language Support that says Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)

Above that, under Text Services and input languages, click on Details Under Installed Services you want to add an Arabic language. The difference in Arabic 101 and Arabic 101 is usually only the key that you hit to make "dhaal".

Now you buy overlays so you can see where the keys are. I order from this site because their prices are so low 4Keyboard. The diacrits are not marked on the stickers, but not everyone uses them anyway. DataCal also sells them.

You can also download many different Arabic fonts that go from simple to rather detailed. This site links to many here

Wanted to edit but it was too late:

By default, there should now be a place on the right side of your taskbar that lets you choose between Arabic and English. If not, go back to where you added Arabic and click on Options. Go to Language Bar. Click on where you want it to be shown (desktop, taskbar). Also, by default, Left+Alt+Shift lets you switch between languages but this can be changed too in the same place under Key Settings.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I got almost there and a screen popped up Saying fileftlx041e.dll CD-ROM is needed and that i need to type where the file is located......... ?? I 'm stuck there

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

I got almost there and a screen popped up Saying fileftlx041e.dll CD-ROM is needed and that i need to type where the file is located......... ?? I 'm stuck there

That file must have been deleted from your system 32 folder. There are websites that allow you download missing dll files. I would try downloading it if you don't have your OS discs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.