Murphy'sBoy

Manila Embassy, no 221g letter received

15 posts in this topic

I had a similar thread but have some more questions ..

My wife was told at the very end of the interview process that all was OK except that she needed a NBI clearance in her married name. At the releasing window she was told a letter, presumably a 221g would would be emailed that same day with instructions on how to proceed. I waited a week and no letter came, so I emailed them. Now almost 2 weeks has gone by since I emailed and I have not gotten a response. I faxed a letter earlier in the week and got no response to that either. I tried to call and got no answer .. for 28 minutes and finally hung up. Does anyone have a phone number to the IV unit in Manila that actually works? Seriously. is this the best they can do???

So now I'm getting a little antsy. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm either going to send the NBI via 2Go with a letter explaining why there is no accompanying 221G and hope for the best or go to Manila and see if I can actually talk to a live person that might care and hand the NBI to them.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a similar thread but have some more questions ..

My wife was told at the very end of the interview process that all was OK except that she needed a NBI clearance in her married name. At the releasing window she was told a letter, presumably a 221g would would be emailed that same day with instructions on how to proceed. I waited a week and no letter came, so I emailed them. Now almost 2 weeks has gone by since I emailed and I have not gotten a response. I faxed a letter earlier in the week and got no response to that either. I tried to call and got no answer .. for 28 minutes and finally hung up. Does anyone have a phone number to the IV unit in Manila that actually works? Seriously. is this the best they can do???

So now I'm getting a little antsy. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm either going to send the NBI via 2Go with a letter explaining why there is no accompanying 221G and hope for the best or go to Manila and see if I can actually talk to a live person that might care and hand the NBI to them.

Any thoughts or experiences?

I have contact info for the IV unit in the link below

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...

Hi! Mr.Murphy...I also have the same problem with my NBI. I was ask to submit my NBI with my uncorrected name last March 19 when I was interviewed in Manila USEM. The releasing officer told me to wait for the instructions via email on how to proceed next. It has been 11 days, but i haven't received any email from them. I also emailed them but did not received any reply. I also tried calling but still I got the same reply. In the case of your wife, how did you received the instructions? Did you wait for the email? Or did you just go to the 2go office and mail the said document without the instructions. Please help me. Your insight will be much valued. Thank you.

Edited by Ail2529

Timeline

Hi! Mr.Murphy...I also have the same problem with my NBI. I was ask to submit my NBI with my uncorrected name last March 19 when I was interviewed in Manila USEM. The releasing officer told me to wait for the instructions via email on how to proceed next. It has been 11 days, but i haven't received any email from them. I also emailed them but did not received any reply. I also tried calling but still I got the same reply. In the case of your wife, how did you received the instructions? Did you wait for the email? Or did you just go to the 2go office and mail the said document without the instructions. Please help me. Your insight will be much valued. Thank you.

When you emailed the embassy did you included the required information in the correct format they require? There are details on contacting the embassy in the link below.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes I did..wherein the subject line should indicate my whole name,case number or USCIS receipt no.,visa category and priority date? And the messages should be less than 500 characters?

Just making sure, now you just need to be patient... Sucks I know.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Here is the contact info I have

Contact Numbers

(02) 976-8500 to 02 - for calls within the Philippines and other countries aside from mainland United States

(703) 520-2235 - for calls from mainland United States.

Our call center numbers are for general inquiries and scheduling appointments only (K visa information and interview appointments are handled by the Immigrant Visa Unit). NO TELEPHONE inquiries on an applicant’s case will be entertained. All case-specific inquiries must be in writing. The call center is accessible from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, except US and Philippine holidays.

By Email

For general inquiries: support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, please follow the instructions below.

• The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.
  • Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.
  • The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.
  • Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.
  • Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Before submitting your inquiry, please review our website where you will find answers to many of your questions regarding the immigrant visa process.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Sir, is this the email address they are using: support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com and IVMNLAppointments@state.gov?

The support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com is the new email address.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy never responded to our properly formatted emails. We sent a few over several months. We only got answers on the phone (sometimes waiting long periods) or through the feedback link where we logged in to make the embassy appointments.

Be sure your email account that the embassy has on file through the embassy account registration website is checked for the 221g ... no brainer, I know.

They finally emailed the 221g about 3 weeks after the interview. If you check your status online and the date changes you'll probably get the email a day or two after that.

I just looked to be sure .. My wife's interview was Feb 12 and they sent the 221g email Mar 4. The lady at the releasing window told us we'd get the email the same day as the interview but we didn't. That's why I was stressing .. and then there was a problem with 2Go and delivery :(

All is well now.

Mr. Murphy may I know the content of the email?and for how long did you wait for the visa to arrive?thanks!!

The visa arrived one week after I sent them the NBI and passport .. which I sent the day after I got the email

Dear Immigrant Visa Applicant:
REF CASE: XXXxxxxxxxx
We are unable to complete the processing of your immigrant visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:
Valid passport for you
NBI Clearance (with a.k.a.) for you - using your married name
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENT(S): Please use the 2GO courier service to return document to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Information on the procedure may be found at http://suppplychain.2go.com.ph. this service is free of charge.
WARNING: THE LAW REQUIRES THAT YOUR CASE BE TERMINATED IF YOU TAKE NO ACTION ON THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 1 YEAR.
If you have any questions, please call Visa Information and Appointment Services at (632) 982-5555 (from the Philippines) or (215) 571-1600 (from the United States). The call center is open Mondays through Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila Time), except on U.S. and Philippine holidays.
Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL.
For inquiries you may send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov or call the IV Inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours.
Privacy/PII
This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.