s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My country didn't need fingerprints so I have no experience with that, I only needed a power of attorney so my sister can apply on my behalf in my home country which I had done at the romanian embassy.

My best bet would be to get it done with/through your birth country's consulate.

Ah ok. Yes I will check with them. Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My CEAC status now says "ready". Does that mean I can expect mail (Packet 3) from the Tokyo embassy soon? Also can I use the NOA2 or letter from NVC to get my police certificate in Kanagawa?

Timeline

My CEAC status now says "ready". Does that mean I can expect mail (Packet 3) from the Tokyo embassy soon? Also can I use the NOA2 or letter from NVC to get my police certificate in Kanagawa?

You can get police certificate and medical examination with your CASE NUMBER.

Timeline

Received packet 3 today: there was a list of things that I need to mail back to the consulate, which includes my previous passports so it will take some time for me to gather everything together (I prepared everything else in advance). Going to visit my fiancé for Christmas so I will collect his financial info as well for the interview. I'm hoping that my mom didn't throw out my old passports hehe, I doubt I'll be able to send everything till early in the new year. I'm in no rush anyways since my planned departure date won't be till April.

Timeline

My fiancee and I currently live in China together (we met here). She is Japanese and I am an American citizen.

We just got our NOA2 for the I-129F and are starting to anticipate some of the other material that we have to put together for the consulate interview (we are planning to do it in Tokyo).

One area of concern is the "certificate of no criminal activity" that she has to get for every country that she has lived for more than six months. For her- this is China and Japan. Japan and USA should not be an issue- but the timing of the China certificate is somewhat ambiguous.

I plan on staying in China until late February and she plans to go back to Japan in March and then on to USA whenever the visa is approved. For the Chinese police certificate, does she have to get that after she returns to Japan? Can she get the Chinese police certificate now, live in China for a few more months, and then use the certificate from December/January for the visa application even after returning to Japan?

I realize this is a somewhat oddball question and appreciate any insight that people have to give.

Best Regards,

Tim

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My wife who currently lives in Japan has no contact with the father of her child. She never did. He disappeared from her life and never provided any support. She holds full custody for her child and after our marriage I am a step-father (no adoption).

We are failing DS-260 for getting the CR-1 visa and thinking about any possible documents that may be required during interview. We cannot find any information if such a consent is required or not. We receive mixed information, some say you need it the others you do not. Does anyone here have any personal experience in the matter.

T & K

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Finally got around to mailing packet 3 today. I contacted the embassy and told them that I was unable to locate my expired passport and they said I should mail everything else along with a written statement about the passport. Hopefully Packet 4 comes soon :-) In the meantime I'll work on getting the police certificate ready.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Had my interview yesterday and was approved thankfully. The consular officer said I should receive the passport with the visa by Friday or Monday. I checked the CEAC status today and it said Administrative Processing. Is that normal? I know that some applicants stay in AP for a long time so now I'm a little worried. In just wondering if all Japan filers usually go straight to AP after the interview.

Edited by Project_Harajuku

Congrats Harajuku!!! Yes everyone is in short AP while they are printing the visa. Yours should turn to Case Approved or something like that (sorry I forgot as it's quite a while ago) soon.

Yaaaaa Omedetoooo : )

Timeline

Congrats Harajuku!!! Yes everyone is in short AP while they are printing the visa. Yours should turn to Case Approved or something like that (sorry I forgot as it's quite a while ago) soon.

Yaaaaa Omedetoooo : )

Thank you GreenPaddy! You've eased my mind a bit

Timeline

Can anyone give us an idea for wait time from NVC approval to the Interview time in Embassy in Tokyo? Is it usually pretty quick or is it another lengthy wait time?

Timeline

Can anyone give us an idea for wait time from NVC approval to the Interview time in Embassy in Tokyo? Is it usually pretty quick or is it another lengthy wait time?

For me the time between NVC processing the case and sending it to the embassy was around 2 weeks. It then took around a week and a half for us to receive packet 3. After that it's all dependant on how quickly you send the required documents in and gather what's needed for the interview. You can check the timeline for more info.

Our case was for a K1 however, I'm not sure if the timeline is any different for other types of visas.

Edited by Project_Harajuku

Timeline

For me the time between NVC processing the case and sending it to the embassy was around 2 weeks. It then took around a week and a half for us to receive packet 3. After that it's all dependant on how quickly you send the required documents in and gather what's needed for the interview. You can check the timeline for more info.

Thanks for your reply... :-)

We already have all the documents ready so this should not require extra time. I was more trying to figure out how far out are the interviews usually scheduled from the time the embassy gets the documents. I know we are trying to do impossible and plan but aren't we all...hehe

Regards, T & K

Edited by tklife

Timeline

We already have all the documents ready so this should not require extra time. I was more trying to figure out how far out are the interviews usually scheduled from the time the embassy gets the documents. I know we are trying to do impossible and plan but aren't we all...hehe

Regards, T & K

Oh ok, you (the applicant) schedules the interview, not the embassy. When I was scheduling my interview, slots were pretty easy to get for whatever date you wanted. I scheduled mine a week before my interview date.

Regards, T & K

Oh ok, you (the applicant) schedules the interview, not the embassy. When I was scheduling my interview, slots were pretty easy to get for whatever date you wanted. I scheduled mine a week before my interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.