Gaby&Talbert

Will pregnancy cause any issues

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know if pregnancy will cause any issues with the immigration process? We are in the process of a K3 visa and we were wondering if my wife being pregnant will cause any problems with the interview or medical exam.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Does anyone know if pregnancy will cause any issues with the immigration process? We are in the process of a K3 visa and we were wondering if my wife being pregnant will cause any problems with the interview or medical exam.

i posted this in the consulate section.

the answer i got was no, so long as the baby is not born. however, i heard that pregnant women can't fly on a plane if they are 6 months or more prego. dunno if that' true.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

As far as flying during your 3rd trimester...it's pretty much just a liability thing on the part of the airline. Technically you could go into labor at any point in your 3rd trimester and that worries them. Most airlines will allow you to fly however, you will just most likely need to get a note from your doctor saying that you have just been examined and show no signs of a chance that your baby will be coming early. This usually works.

I don't see any other problems pregnancy should cause for your wife as far as the immigration procedure goes. As long as the baby is yours then to me it seems like it will only validate the marriage as being truthful.

Best of luck!!!

Erin :luv:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i posted this in the consulate section.

the answer i got was no, so long as the baby is not born. however, i heard that pregnant women can't fly on a plane if they are 6 months or more prego. dunno if that' true.

man, i'm tired and keep making typos.

i emailed the US consulate in Guangzhou, China and they told me it makes no difference if the woman is only pregnant at the time of interview. A week or so later I called the USCIS and asked them and they told me the same thing...nothing needs to be done like proving it's yours, or whatever. check out my profile and you'll see my post on this very topic (in the family reuniting section actually, not consulate section) and the quoted response I got from the US consulate in Guangzhou.

Filed: Other Timeline

she may not be able to get vaccinations or x-rays at the medical exam, a letter from her ob/gyn to the panel physician should be enough. If she's already had some vaccinations she can have blood drawn for titres instead.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
she may not be able to get vaccinations or x-rays at the medical exam, a letter from her ob/gyn to the panel physician should be enough. If she's already had some vaccinations she can have blood drawn for titres instead.

Are vacinations required for the medica exam before the consulate interview? Are x-rays required also?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.