IslAmy

Cairo folks waiting for interview

452 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are currently waiting for interview, and the petition (k1) expires on 24 this month (12), would it be wise to extend?...would have helped on our first if we had. And if yes, how?

Ours was expired for over 6 weeks wen my fiancé had his interview.

Timeline

I would also like to know how to extend. Our k-1 petition expires 12/28 and we havent even returned the aramex docs yet because we never received packet 3. With the way they say and do ine thing with one person and another thing with another person i'd be afraid to risk not extending. What did you mean when you said "would've helped with the first" ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

kokiluli, i think u must send packet 3 now, dont wait more, you told me before that they send it to the wrong email , dont worry about this anymore, i know someone sent packet 3 to them , and they did not receive anything in the email , dont wait more, because i think it is risky if your petition will expire and you did not send packet 3 to the embassy

Timeline

I would also like to know how to extend. Our k-1 petition expires 12/28 and we havent even returned the aramex docs yet because we never received packet 3. With the way they say and do ine thing with one person and another thing with another person i'd be afraid to risk not extending. What did you mean when you said "would've helped with the first" ?

Our first petition was sent back to uscis for further review (they confused my fiance with another man who was married in 2011, my fiance is single...never married) and we could not submit proof or appeal their decision because our petition was expired when it was returned.

Timeline

kokiluli, i think u must send packet 3 now, dont wait more, you told me before that they send it to the wrong email , dont worry about this anymore, i know someone sent packet 3 to them , and they did not receive anything in the email , dont wait more, because i think it is risky if your petition will expire and you did not send packet 3 to the embassy

Dza, I sent all of the documents via Fed Ex to my fiance on Thursday and they should arrive to Cairo today or tomorrow. Then he will send the documents to the embassy via Aramex. Which address should we use to send to the Embassy?. The letter from NVC gives one address and the DS160 confirmation page has another address. Also, should we be sending anything other what is listed on the packet 3 list? Like is there a cover letter or something that identifies the package so it gets to the correct department in the embassy?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dza, I sent all of the documents via Fed Ex to my fiance on Thursday and they should arrive to Cairo today or tomorrow. Then he will send the documents to the embassy via Aramex. Which address should we use to send to the Embassy?. The letter from NVC gives one address and the DS160 confirmation page has another address. Also, should we be sending anything other what is listed on the packet 3 list? Like is there a cover letter or something that identifies the package so it gets to the correct department in the embassy?

first, no only send whats listed, dont forget to send along the documents the receipt, after u payed the fees .

and dont worry when u go to aramex, u only say wants to send papers to u.s, they do not ask you for any addresses, only you should have , or i mean your Egyptian fiance should have his passport number and the case id, which u took from nvc thats starting with CRO

no worries when he goes there they just take from him the packet , no more no less

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Al hamdulilah! We have a valid interview date I hope! We finally sent our packet 3 docs to the embassy on December 22. We never received the packet 3 email and too much time was passing by so we decided just to send everything. On December 27 I noticed my CGI account was different. Instead of giving me an "record not found" message when I would enter my case # to schedule an interview, it automatically pulled up the case #, then it would take me to step 8 which I hadn't seen before. So it looked as though my case was ready to schedule and interview however this time I received a "no appointment available at this time" message. On December 28 I received an email from the elusive CairoIV saying my case is ready to schedule and interview online. But still everytime I checked the CGI account, no appointments were available. I figured the embassy might post some nee available appointments after the holidays were over and sure enough this morning I found 1 appointment date...March 1. I won't be completely happy for at least 24 hours until I am 100% sure the appointment won't be cancelled the next day but I am pretty sure this is it this time!

Timeline

I now have both Representative and Senator's office involved in our case. its been going on 16months.......we have been in AP since September 15 but have been getting frequent updates on our case through the CEAC site. Senator's office got a message from Embassy on Monday ....saying they are trying to get our case expedited......InshaAllah this happens ....

Expedited for Embassy in Egypt is still slow as a snail's pace.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Georgewashington if u don't mind me asking I'm in Cairo waiting for an interview for my husband and I'm a us citizen I have a home in the states but waiting here with my kids in a school until my husband gets approved what were the required documents the councler asked for to prove there is a domicile or anything since u have been living in Cairo for over a year as well

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Congratulations ?

Can u plz tell me how u got 2nd interview ?

We had help from the Senator and Congressman's office here. They stayed in constant contact and stayed on our case....We filed Sept. 2014 and took a year to get first interview. Then was put on AP for almost 4 1/2 to 5 months. ...Finally the Senator's office contacted the Embassy in Cairo and well they must have set fire under them cause it was tooooo long of a wait. Alhamdulillah it is finally over. :wub::wub:

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.