GREEN/TRAN

whats the diffrence between a green slip and a blue slip

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is our experience:

At the end of my wifes interview she was given a blue paper asking for specific information. They wanted info in regards to my divorce. The paper stated to bring the required documents along with the blue paper back to the consulate. She did so and after waiting for their review of it, they returned and gave her a green paper. This paper pretty much stated that no further evidence is needed, and that they will contact us after their review, and to not contact them. I have heard that this could take from aa month or so up to a year. I was also told when they give you the green paper that they may return your case to the US, for review.

Good Luck!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline
Here is our experience:

At the end of my wifes interview she was given a blue paper asking for specific information. They wanted info in regards to my divorce. The paper stated to bring the required documents along with the blue paper back to the consulate. She did so and after waiting for their review of it, they returned and gave her a green paper. This paper pretty much stated that no further evidence is needed, and that they will contact us after their review, and to not contact them. I have heard that this could take from aa month or so up to a year. I was also told when they give you the green paper that they may return your case to the US, for review.

Good Luck!!!

my green slip states we lack to show evidence that a reasonable person woulds see us as a bonified relationship .if a reasonable would have looked at the evidence they would have but now it says i need to wite a noterized statment of what do me and hanh have in common and send with other supporting evidence ,i just wondered why green instead of blue crazy i guess,thanks

Here is our experience:

Good Luck!!!

my green slip states we lack to show evidence that a reasonable person woulds see us as a bonified relationship .if a reasonable would have looked at the evidence they would have but now it says i need to wite a noterized statment of what do me and hanh have in common and send with other supporting evidence ,i just wondered why green instead of blue crazy i guess,thanks

As one who has a collection of both blue and green slips, I will try to explain as best I can. Usually a blue slip is given after an interview where there is some sort of additional evidence they require. I think they are often printed up prior to the interview. A green slip is usually given when information is submitted to them after the interview. It will either state that more information is needed, or that they need more time to review the submitted information, or that there is no more to submit. In your case, it sounds like the decision to require additional evidence was made on the spot. Thirty minutes is a long time for an interview. The Consular officer was either sitting on the fence or suspected fraud. After he made his decision he went away and printed up a green slip. So in your case, it is likely that the decision made after the interview was printed on a green slip due to a late decision. Either that, or they just ran out of blue slips.

Concerning your evidence, this is your chance to submit all the evidence that the Consular officer failed to review. When you have your notarized statement and additional evidence, your fiancee will submit it to the info unit. It's not like the interview, the info unit HAS to take the additional documents relevant to the case. They will then take all the evidence she submits and the case will be reviewed, God only knows when. This stage of a case is called "IV Overcome".

A good immigration attorney FAMILIAR WITH THE HCMC CONSULATE, like the one mentioned in this forum, might be able to explain what you are up against and how to arrange the information you plan to submit. A good presentation of evidence might make all the difference.

The danger in the IV overcome process is in having your case delayed and dragged out. If you have submitted information and it takes too long for them to review your case file, get with your Congressman or Senator and have them track the case. That can make a big difference.

My fiancee and I are coming up on four years of this awful process. I certainly understand your pain and worry. You can't let it get you down. Keep your relationship strong, and make the neccessary preparations so that your next attempt is successful and you can bring her home! :yes:

Timeline

Thanks for detailing what you and your fiance have been through ...or continue to go through. I have considered if it looked stuck for me in review limbo whether to stop, marry and go via K-3. 1 year may be better than 4. A hard call to make. :(

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow, 4 years. That's seriously depressing. I couldn't even move to Thailand cuz they don't let westerners live there for more than a few months. Can't work there either. ugh

andrew va thuy - I didn't realize K3's took that long. Ouch!

GREEN/TRAN - I'd hire that lawyer if it were me... and just do the next thing required each day. Hang in there.

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Filed: Timeline
we got the lawyer and feel alot better just hope it doesnt take to long

I think my wife saw your SO meeting with our lawyer yesterday. All though, she could be wrong because she doesn't even know what she looks like.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

Timeline
we got the lawyer and feel alot better just hope it doesnt take to long

I think my wife saw your SO meeting with our lawyer yesterday. All though, she could be wrong because she doesn't even know what she looks like.

it prolly was i think she goes there about everyday.was she short and have long brown hair and black eyes???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.