Titanium

It is Possible to Get a NVC CC! - 53 Days After Checklist Scan Date

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

OK, Just want to help encourage others waiting on the NVC that it is in fact possible to get a Case Closed! We finally received one for our daughter and are now awaiting an Interview date.

What was rather shocking is that it came via another CHECKLIST in an email at 1:30 AM EST. This was our second CHECKLIST on the AOS, the first time for not checking a box and not putting myself as a dependent (but totaling correctly), the online PDF wouldn't let me (had to write it in)! Needless to say when I first saw the 2nd CHECKLIST email at 5:30 am, while still in bed, I contemplated all the repercussions of another 60 plus delay before reading the content! How was I going to tell my spouse...our daughter...should I just go find a bridge?

The first item on the CHECKLIST indicated she was approved and an interview date was being set, but also she would need to bring another corrected I-864 with her to the interview. It warned not to send it in as it would re-open the case, even though there was a cover sheet etc.

The second item indicated the reason for the form re-do was that I added her name in part 3 as well! OK, stupid mistake on my behalf, however, done the same way on the first AOS but not mentioned in the first checklist. They say if it ain't broke don't fix it, certainly not the case here. Could of cost us another 60 Days, so we are grateful despite all the stress and pain thus far!

Moral of the story...It is possible to get a CC from a scan date in less than 60 days! Oh ya, and don't make the same stupid mistakes I made on the I-864!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.