1,729 posts in this topic

I am in the same position, less worried now its not just me from the DC area who hasnt received their Biometrics. When I did my removal of conditions at the same time last year my biometrics date was March 27 - so I'm pinning it down to the crappy weather here recently and the amound of ppl applying in the DC area at the moment.

Trying not to worry yet, but if it gets to late next week, I'll call and ask to speak to an officer.

My friend applied for AOS on 02/02, he got his bio last Saturday on 03/07. When he called them , before he recieved his bio, they told him they can't do anything before 30 days passes of the bio acceptance notice which was on his case 02/09. I think DC and nova are a little behind on this.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Question to the group!

When signing up for an account with myUSCIS, I seem to remember, during the personal information section, it used to ask for citizenship info. Now in it's place it asks 'Country/Region' and you must select USA to add your address... They must have changed it recently - but I assume it's ok to select Country/Region as USA? I know it sounds stupid but I don't want to make a huge mistake and risk my residency!

________

K1/AOS

February, 06: Sent I-129f package
February, 13: NOA1 Receipt
March, 09: NOA2 Email.
May, 1: Medical
May, 29: Interview! - APPROVED
June, 1: Visa in Hand
July 18: POE, USA
July 27: Filed for AOS after marriage
August 24: NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS
October 11: EAD card in hand
October 15: Case forwarded to California!
Nov, 15: Green Card Received

ROC:

August 20: ROC sent

August 24: NOA1
September 25: Biometrics!
Nov, 30: ROC Approved

Question to the group!

When signing up for an account with myUSCIS, I seem to remember, during the personal information section, it used to ask for citizenship info. Now in it's place it asks 'Country/Region' and you must select USA to add your address... They must have changed it recently - but I assume it's ok to select Country/Region as USA? I know it sounds stupid but I don't want to make a huge mistake and risk my residency!

If you lived in the United States right now, then there shouldnt be a problem select the US and entering your current address. If it did ask about your country of citizenship, then it wouldnt be the US because you are not citizen just yet. Thanks

Aside, i think my interview letter should be in the mail soon. My case just got updated.

, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On March 12, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Just a rant.

Walk-in finger print today failed. Scheduled for tomorrow at 3pm actually. Milwaukee office said “we don't accept walk-in. You cannot come on a different day. We process thousands of people a day. Your midterm exam or whatever reason does not change the fact that blah blah blah. We need prove of travel blah blah blah...”. Just a bunch of overpaid douche bags in the DHS office. The security guards are at least real human being and more sympathetic.

I was there at 11:30am. There were only 3 people.

Already skipped morning class to go there. Don't seem to understand or appreciate that people are making a tremendous effort to do such things in time and create, in fact, LESS work for them to avoid rescheduling.

Rescheduling will not improve my chances of getting a better time because it will just be yet another randomly assigned time and date.

Now need to skip another graduate level computer science class tomorrow morning to go there and do this stupid fingerprint thing and rush back to school after that to take a midterm.

The cost just kept growing, as if tuition is nothing, as if rental car does not cost money, as if people's time has no value.

How in the world do DHS schedule people by freaking just randomly assign a slot? I probably know the anwser because they don't want to spend their money to build a functional scheduling software systems. While people's time and money are just THEIR money and the government don't really care about.

I really just want to get that passport soon and be done with all this stuff.

If you lived in the United States right now, then there shouldnt be a problem select the US and entering your current address. If it did ask about your country of citizenship, then it wouldnt be the US because you are not citizen just yet. Thanks

Aside, i think my interview letter should be in the mail soon. My case just got updated.

, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On March 12, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Thanks for your response! I signed up for the account and added my case - it's very different from when I removed conditions back in 2009! For case history, does it mention anything about biometrics for you?

________

K1/AOS

ROC:

Thanks for your response! I signed up for the account and added my case - it's very different from when I removed conditions back in 2009! For case history, does it mention anything about biometrics for you?

I see you just did fingerprint so between now and next week your case should be updated to being inline for interview scheduling and or interview date provided you background checks are all clear and free of hurdles. Thanks. So your case update differs from mine because mine as been update yesterday and today. Thanks

Duke777

I see you just did fingerprint so between now and next week your case should be updated to being inline for interview scheduling and or interview date provided you background checks are all clear and free of hurdles. Thanks. So your case update differs from mine because mine as been update yesterday and today. Thanks

Duke777

But does your case history show that you completed Biometrics?

Also, I just find it weird that someone at the same field office as me did their biometrics a week after me then had the in-line notification 2 days later. Just hoping there is no problem.

Sorry!

________

K1/AOS

ROC:

But does your case history show that you completed Biometrics?

Also, I just find it weird that someone at the same field office as me did their biometrics a week after me then had the in-line notification 2 days later. Just hoping there is no problem.

Sorry!

Nope, my case history left from acceptance of case, to being inline 48 hours after my fingerprint, and then to being scheduled for an interview in 72 hours after my early walk in fingerprint. I dont want you to panic. You will get the inline notification or scheduling for interview only if u did sign up for case update notification. If not, you will have to wait to get stuff in the mail. Thanks

Filed: Timeline

My friend applied for AOS on 02/02, he got his bio last Saturday on 03/07. When he called them , before he recieved his bio, they told him they can't do anything before 30 days passes of the bio acceptance notice which was on his case 02/09. I think DC and nova are a little behind on this.

Mine just passed 30 days and haven't received bio app notice, called them today and they said, all they can do is put in the system that I haven't received Bio notice within 30 days so they will resend the notice, but she cannot look it up when was it scheduled or if it was sent coz they don't have that info. She was telling me some stuff about new system and only one bio office who is taking care of fingerprints appointment. I think it is a BS coz other people on here were told when bio was scheduled.

Try to call the military help line, they are somehow more helpful. (Even if your case if not military related, just pretending you don't know about it lol ). They were able to email the biometric schedule notice to me.

Mine just passed 30 days and haven't received bio app notice, called them today and they said, all they can do is put in the system that I haven't received Bio notice within 30 days so they will resend the notice, but she cannot look it up when was it scheduled or if it was sent coz they don't have that info. She was telling me some stuff about new system and only one bio office who is taking care of fingerprints appointment. I think it is a BS coz other people on here were told when bio was scheduled.

N400-319b

CSC

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

PFLETCHER........|10/30/13|02/09|02/19|02/24|03/20/15|03/12/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|04/08/15.|04/22/15.|San Bernardino, CA(Early FP 3/10)

Try to call the military help line, they are somehow more helpful. (Even if your case if not military related, just pretending you don't know about it lol ). They were able to email the biometric schedule notice to me.

They faxed mine when they messed up my address with my GC years ago, but now they claim, they have a new system so they cannot do it. Will try to call them later. I remember in the past the told me that customer service in CA can give u more info about your case that the one on east coast. So we will see. Will check my mail before I call today just in case too.

hi kataS,

that's weird they talked about resending. When I called earlier in the week, I was told it was more an issue of not scheduling one yet.I was told if 30 days passes since receiving the NOA, one should call them and they'll put something in the system to schedule one. More like a reminder of a case overdue for a biometrics kind of thing. Anyway, I know lots of people in the race in Denver and they all say Denver takes a minute to schedule biometrics.

hi kataS,

that's weird they talked about resending. When I called earlier in the week, I was told it was more an issue of not scheduling one yet.I was told if 30 days passes since receiving the NOA, one should call them and they'll put something in the system to schedule one. More like a reminder of a case overdue for a biometrics kind of thing. Anyway, I know lots of people in the race in Denver and they all say Denver takes a minute to schedule biometrics.

I think it is just a matter of words used. She said she couldn't see if it was scheduled or sent so she would put in the system that I haven't received it within 30 days and she used the word -resend -but it might as well mean schedule one :/ anyway, not quite sure why Denver takes so long. I never thought there was such a overload immigration work going on here :) I guess I just need to be patient. Thank you all ! Edited by KataS

I received this email today

"On March 13, 2015, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*XXXXXXXXX. We will send you an interview notice."

So this means that I am in line for an interview right? Also, will my case status change when I have actually been scheduled for an interview or will I just receive the interview notice?

AH! I'm SO excited!!

Also, please update my timeline! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.