Angel012110

February 2015 AOS Filers

792 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I received my letter for our interview.

It's in Atlanta this time which seems odd since we went to Jacksonville for our biometrics! But hey, never mind! Atlanta is closer!

Does anyone have any experience of the Atlanta GA office? Especially for interviews? Any tips for parking/hotels etc in the area? How are the staff there? Friendly?

Anyone willing to share their interview experience? It's so scary! I'm not sure why, but it is! Eek!

It's great to see that everyone is starting to get approvals and appointments etc so quick!

Hello!

so the USCIS office where they do interviews is actually in a nice area with lots of stores and a big mall just around the corner. Lots of refugee resettlement agencies are in that area, workers in ATL office are used to dealing with very complicated cases. Staff is very friendly, but they are not messing around. Have everything ready, be prepared and honest. The director of the USCIS was here just 2 weeks ago to visit this office - they do good work. Parking is easy to find, the office has plenty of parking spots for free. As far as hotels, there are hotels in that area (you can see those on google maps), but I have never stayed there or any of our clients, so I am not sure if there are good. But i am sure that anything is fine for one night:)

Message me if you would like to know more:)

p.s make sure you are going to the right address. USCIS has 3 locations in ATL right now:)

Edited by czechtn

Timeline

People are asking about tracking number?? Here is my experience:

My case status changed 4/24: "we approved your Form"

My case status changed 4/24: " Card/ Document Production"

My case status changed 5/1: "On May 1, 2015, we mailed your new card"

5/1 was on friday and then 5/4 on monday, i had the card in my mail box.

This might be a stupid question but I am very confused now. The EAD is authorization to work, so what does an employer use from the card or do you have to file for a ssn before start working. We have filed for a SSN, but we thought my husband could start working once he got the EAD but we are being told different. Can someone please help?! :unsure:

Timeline

This might be a stupid question but I am very confused now. The EAD is authorization to work, so what does an employer use from the card or do you have to file for a ssn before start working. We have filed for a SSN, but we thought my husband could start working once he got the EAD but we are being told different. Can someone please help?! :unsure:

You can start working the day you apply for your Social security car (providing your EAD is approved). Who exactly told you your husband can't work?

You can start working the day you apply for your Social security car (providing your EAD is approved). Who exactly told you your husband can't work?

At this job my husband was going to start today. They said he can't clock in without a social. I don't know if it is there system or what. I thought the EAD is what he needed to work, not a social.

Timeline

At this job my husband was going to start today. They said he can't clock in without a social. I don't know if it is there system or what. I thought the EAD is what he needed to work, not a social.

Your husband has a permit to work in the US. But he also needs to go to a U.S. social services office and apply for a Social Security Card. Yes, they are right. You can't work in the US without a social security card, not even americans. He must go to any US social services office, apply and ask for a confirmation letter that he can later show to the employer. the actual card should be received within next 7 days to your home address. my employer let me work the day i showed him the confirmation letter from the social security office.

Your husband has a permit to work in the US. But he also needs to go to a U.S. social services office and apply for a Social Security Card. Yes, they are right. You can't work in the US without a social security card, not even americans. He must go to any US social services office, apply and ask for a confirmation letter that he can later show to the employer. the actual card should be received within next 7 days to your home address. my employer let me work the day i showed him the confirmation letter from the social security office.

We did apply for the ssn yesterday and got a re eipt/confirmation but I guess bc of how they clock in he can't start until he has the actual number. Thanks for the info!

Timeline

We did apply for the ssn yesterday and got a re eipt/confirmation but I guess bc of how they clock in he can't start until he has the actual number. Thanks for the info!

Hopefully they will hold the job for him until he gets it.

Some people just say stuff like "you can't work" without really knowing what they are talking about and personally, i always have to take a deep breath and do some research before I believe them and start freaking out. I hope your husband's employer didn't freak you out.

Hopefully they will hold the job for him until he gets it.

Some people just say stuff like "you can't work" without really knowing what they are talking about and personally, i always have to take a deep breath and do some research before I believe them and start freaking out. I hope your husband's employer didn't freak you out.

They have us frustrated bc they could have just said that before wasting time. They were basically going to have training and not pay him. Thats what I didn't understand.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

People are asking about tracking number?? Here is my experience:

My case status changed 4/24: "we approved your Form"

My case status changed 4/24: " Card/ Document Production"

My case status changed 5/1: "On May 1, 2015, we mailed your new card"

5/1 was on friday and then 5/4 on monday, i had the card in my mail box.

Hey Czechtn,

Thanks for sharing. I got mine approved on 4/28 and yesterday it changed to "Card was mailed" and they provided my tracking number it should arrive by tomorrow \o/

I'm so anxious :D first thing to do is apply for a SSN and then for my Driver's License...by the way, anyone knows if I can apply for Driver's License without my SSN and then as I receive my SSN update my "profile" with the DMV?

Good luck for us all!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi icampos, yes you can, BUT you have to provide them with a letter from the social security administration explaining why you don't have the physical card yet. If you don't have that letter they will not let you apply under any circumstances.

Timeline

hi icampos, yes you can, BUT you have to provide them with a letter from the social security administration explaining why you don't have the physical card yet. If you don't have that letter they will not let you apply under any circumstances.

Hi 1516665,

Thanks :) so I'll receive this letter from SSA as soon as I apply for the SSN or I do need to ask for this letter?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You'll have to ask them. Tell them your situation and ask if they could give you a letter. But in my experience they only do that for those who are not eligible for an SSN, not those who are waiting to get their SSN. But doesn't hurt to ask. You never know.

Timeline

You'll have to ask them. Tell them your situation and ask if they could give you a letter. But in my experience they only do that for those who are not eligible for an SSN, not those who are waiting to get their SSN. But doesn't hurt to ask. You never know.

For sure, I'll ask them as soon as I get my EAD...otherwise I'll have to wait for my SSN Card and then apply for the Driver's License :)

Many thanks for your help ;)

Hey all!

Looks like my status has updated this morning to "my Card was mailed to me" on May 5th we sent your card. Thank goodness! :) Any idea when you guys think I should receive it? Also any idea when the tracking number is posted online?

Thanks so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.