esutha

collect documents now?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

My wife name selected for 2015 lottery . Her case number 2015AS00009XXX. We submitted ds-260 last november and waiting for email from kccc about interview date.

Me and my wife born in Sri Lanka and currently live in canada. We have 3 children born in canada.One of my son 9 years old and minor disability called "global developmental delay".

We get disability tax credit and benefit from government of canada. I don't have much saving money in bank.But, we have a house with mortgage and have a new car with financing in canada.We plan to sell our house and car if we get visa.

I educated as "electronic technician" .But i work as "security guard" in canada.

1. If we get visa, can we live and work anywhere we like(any city) in usa? ( i didn't decide yet where to move, but i heard good about live in california)

2.is going to be better future for us in usa than canada?

3.if we move to usa, we going to miss tax credit and benefit from canada because of my son's minor disability.Are we going to get anything from usa government because of my son's minor disability?

4.I don't have big money in bank.Can we show " our house" when embassy ask bank statement?

5.health care covered for us in ontario government in canada.Is better to look for a job in usa now to cover health insurance in usa?

6.is fine to we move to buffalo,then i can keep work in canada while live in usa? or we have to completely move to use for live and work?

7.is good to start collect all documents now or wait for the interview email first then start collect all documents?

8.green card is a permanent resident card, right? what is the requirement to get usa citizen and usa passport?

9.Can we have both canadian and usa citizen and have canadian and usa passport same time?

Thanks

Whoa, that's a lot of questions ....

My general impression is: no, you won't get anywhere near the amount of assistance that you get for your child in the US. And that while my impression is Canada is fairly lenient re maintaining permanent residence, the US isn't, and trying to hold on to both at the same time will likely result in you losing your green card. (you can hold citizenship of both but you would need to first get one, then spend the five years or whatever to get the other, you can't naturalize in two countries simultaneously). I'm not sure tbh I can see what benefits you will get from moving to the U.S.

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Whoa, that's a lot of questions ....

My general impression is: no, you won't get anywhere near the amount of assistance that you get for your child in the US. And that while my impression is Canada is fairly lenient re maintaining permanent residence, the US isn't, and trying to hold on to both at the same time will likely result in you losing your green card. (you can hold citizenship of both but you would need to first get one, then spend the five years or whatever to get the other, you can't naturalize in two countries simultaneously). I'm not sure tbh I can see what benefits you will get from moving to the U.S.

Thanks. Me and my 3 kids are already canadian citizen and have canadian Passport. Only my wife is permanent resident in canada and have Sri Lankan Passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.