Mr. Big Dog

The Myth Behind Defensive Gun Ownership

74 posts in this topic

Clearly your alcohol sales are too strict.

job security. i give em a pass.

Why would the government want your car?

they don't want all the cars, they just want to be able to keep track of all the cars

Filed: Timeline

On the gun show thing, decades ago I was collecting and trading firearms. I only did that at a gun show one time, and the local PD were logging every firearm in and out of the show, by serial number and taking down the driver license information for each firearm, who brought it in, and who took it out. I don't know how common that is.

On the gun show thing, decades ago I was collecting and trading firearms. I only did that at a gun show one time, and the local PD were logging every firearm in and out of the show, by serial number and taking down the driver license information for each firearm, who brought it in, and who took it out. I don't know how common that is.

Was it out here in CA?

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Why would the government want a legally owned gun?

Well, sometimes they do want legally purchased firearms, because even though you legally purchased it, a time may come when you can no longer legally have a firearm in your possession.

Well, sometimes they do want legally purchased firearms, because even though you legally purchased it, a time may come when you can no longer legally have a firearm in your possession.

If one cannot legally possess a firearm, then one should have to turn it in.

Because it was in other nations. (And it did happen briefly in CA regarding the SKS)

And yet, I keep hearing how we're not "other nations". But when it comes to firearm confiscation paranoia, then it's different...

If one cannot legally possess a firearm, then one should have to turn it in.

And yet, I keep hearing how we're not "other nations". But when it comes to firearm confiscation paranoia, then it's different...

Probably because it has happened here if only briefly.

In terms of the legality of firearm possession, sometimes people don't know.

As to the other point you would have to know the legal statutes pretty well to know whether a conviction precluded you from ownership. Also the CADOJ has been know to make errors and confiscate from those who may legally own a firearm

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg