net2684

January 9th Interview

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same time frame as when my asawa and I were there.... in 6:30 out 10:30

Filipino pre-screener was fun when I was there, lots of questions of me, same with the CO, almost asked me more questions than my asawa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Interview for my wife was also on the 14th. I was happy to be able to attend with her, as I saw just a few USC husband/fiancé there.

The ds260 form that is needed is the top sheet with the 2 bar codes on them. They also want the first page of the interview appointment letter, so have both ready.

I felt the Filippino interview was more judgemental than the US consular interview. Since I stood with my wife, several of the questions were directed at me. I got the feeling the US consular was not too worried as I was there to help represent my wife. She was approved with no problems. We got in at 6:30 and were out by 10:30am.

Congrats on other approvals! This has been a stressful process and I will be so glad to finally have my hunnie come here next month.

Update us when ur wife got her visa, ur right only the filipino consular asked too many questions than U.S. consular,,congrats to ur wife!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update us when ur wife got her visa, ur right only the filipino consular asked too many questions than U.S. consular,,congrats to ur wife!

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

When you guys refer to the Filipino CO's you are referring to officials at the embassies, as opposed to CFO, correct? That's my understanding, but it sounds like from another thread the officials at the CFO sometimes ask a fair bit of questions as well (?).

When you guys refer to the Filipino CO's you are referring to officials at the embassies, as opposed to CFO, correct? That's my understanding, but it sounds like from another thread the officials at the CFO sometimes ask a fair bit of questions as well (?).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes the embassy, us KANOs don't get inside CFO. The first interviewer is a Filipino, here you will turn in the documents and answer a few questions, second interview is with the embassy consulate officer - this is for the gold ring.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Cheers, Hank. And as long as we're discussing the CFO, I read their flyer and support their mission 100%. The idea of a Pinay going to the Middle East (or anywhere), and working her tail off for her family, and being ill-treated by her "hosts" in return, infuriates me. Many Filipinos who go abroad are not worldly, and they need to know their rights.

Edited by Blueblood

Correct. Filipino CO's are locally hired staff that work for the Visa Unit at the Embassy. So essentially they work for the US Gov't/State Dept and are there to screen out any possible suspicious cases or potential fraud. Keep in mind also that there can be Filipinos who are "non-local", i.e. they can be emigrant Filipinos from the US or bilingual Filipino-Americans working for the Foreign Service as well.

Officials at the CFO on the other hand are locals who work for the PHL gov't and are there advise/inform people emigrating abroad on how to handle themselves/help ease the transition before leaving the country.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Between, do not judge time frame right now for us that finished our interview. Just heard from sister that pope visit shut down Manila for five days. Maybe not all but seems all goverment stopped and that they only started services to clear out people for travel as the airport also shut down. Then there is the typhoon going through. Seems an ill omen after getting such great news, but what can we do? We feel bad for those who have interview schedule and typhoon will mess up travel and pray you all are as safe as we since we made it through the worst.

Take care everyone!

Timeline

net, my fiancé just told me a few minutes ago the skies are turning dark and the rain is coming. They were going to go to church but decided to stay in. I don't think it's a bad omen. Let's just pray everyone is safe. She said tacloban leyte will be hit hardest according to the news. I really hope everyone there can be safe.

Agree BlueBlood, easy for us to seek shelter here in the USA when tornado comes since it's drilled into us, but there is not only wind but then flooding. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you with loved ones dealing with the typhoon right now! Don't let it get you down, but keep moving forward!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.