MrsRBernard

CIVIL Docs - would I get an email once NVC received it?

9 posts in this topic

Hi. Can anyone advice me if I should be getting an email from the NVC to confirm the receipt of my civil documents? I had mailed my civil docs laat 12/10/14. And by 12/15/14, UPS tracker showed it has been received by "Peters." Up to date I haven't received any email from them to notify me that they got my documents. My husband received an email when he mailed his AOS package. It says that his documents have been received and will be reviewed. So I was expecting to receive an email too.

I just wanna make sure as it may cause delays to my application. We've been trying to contact NVC via email/phone call but no luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Nvc has received it .its in the building.but til its on someone's dezk you should re sieve an email.mine took a couple weeks before I received an email

Which means the 60days review they say will run just right when they send an email confirming the receipt of my docs? Tomorrow, it's gonna be exactly a month since they received it.

Timeline

I believe the 60 days will start when its recieved. This is what I was told by nvc.I urge you to call nvc its a long wait on the phone but you will have your answer

I was wondering if it will start from the day the UPS had handed over my docs to them (which is 12/15). Or just when it was handed over to someone who does the review. I just wish NVC would answer :(

Timeline

I just called nvc .I had a question also and it went thru the first time.but sometimes I have to hit redial several times til it goes thru .then wait an hr for a live person.there are only 10 people to answer the phones there.lol.and was told from the moment its received at the nvc your 60 days will start.patients is a vertrue!

Wow. We've been calling a lot. But it never went thru ever. Lol. Thank you for ur responses. I really appreciate it. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.