Honey&Bunny

Is it smart to hire a lawyer?

21 posts in this topic

Hiring a legal counsel or agency;(!? wish we didnt;( coz even lawyer made mistake so with my ds260;;, agency had a copy of my passport still error on ds260 2times ; on my birthplaces province;(, and answering a question have i ever been in the usa? i answered no with it but when the ds26o asked of my son birthplace, agent put USA his country birth hahhahah if i were you u better do it urself just try to be very careful

filling up, and about ur docs losing misplacing u are not alobe my friend, nvc said forwarded my docs to embassy but embassy said nvc didnt include missing docs in the packet;(! So instead of arguing, no choice than to redo, resubmit and if nvc still make fun of tour docs i think i dont know if its okay to sue nvc of handling applicants'docs without care;)! nvc sometimes not reliable especially the customer service, they gave u wrong info on what to do with docs,,, so if you think u are not satiesfied with the processing just ask a good lawyer expert well experience on immigration law,,knows what are the steps on the processing:)!

Ok, I hear you. I am not hiring one if that lawyer is not going to be able to fight NVC and prove that they are unfair. Anyways, I did pay for a lawyer to review my AOS forms, and he found a couple of things that Van be corrected. It was helpful.

what were the lost documents? whatever lost documents you must redo or resubmit it if nvc asked again;?( sorry but no choice;) and u mentioned of AoS? who petitioned you? if AoS lost too, this is a very importa t documentsk better submit again and why do u need ur das'W2? its one of the proof hes working proof he gets salary, Ctually embassy asked my hubby for another set of AoS even we already submitted to nvc long time again( w2 federal incometax, and 4 latest paystubs he got from his salary) NVC had all our docs complete and we asked my case to be expedited last November 2014granted but because of these lost docs embassy consul will not approve me for a visa unleess i resubmit these AoS, cenomar and a foreign police clearance;(! no choice than to redo, now still waiting for the foreign police clearance to reach embassy;(, tracking it online posted dec.22 and reached my country january 2 ;(( called smbassy and told the lady customer service that how come not yet delivered to embassy n she replied there embassy has a mailcom to fetch all letters for USEmnbassy( letter posted to a government post office) so she told me there was a long vacation expect that business stopped try to call embassy again next week she said but not on monday try next day:)) no wonder courier not moving,, embassy will get all letters by them from that governemnt post office,,, I hope you can resolve your problem too i can feel how upset angry u are and the stress the processing us;(! patience my friend evdn we feel worn out;)! like i sid no choice thn to redo them or else we cant fly to the USA and be with our loved ones,, Goodluck , just do it, arguing with NVc wont help if they say lost already;)))!we how precious time is, whT matters theres a chAnce!

what were the lost documents? whatever lost documents you must redo or resubmit it if nvc asked again;?( sorry but no choice;) and u mentioned of AoS? who petitioned you? if AoS lost too, this is a very importa t documentsk better submit again and why do u need ur das'W2? its one of the proof hes working proof he gets salary, Ctually embassy asked my hubby for another set of AoS even we already submitted to nvc long time again( w2 federal incometax, and 4 latest paystubs he got from his salary) NVC had all our docs complete and we asked my case to be expedited last November 2014granted but because of these lost docs embassy consul will not approve me for a visa unleess i resubmit these AoS, cenomar and a foreign police clearance;(! no choice than to redo, now still waiting for the foreign police clearance to reach embassy;(, tracking it online posted dec.22 and reached my country january 2 ;(( called smbassy and told the lady customer service that how come not yet delivered to embassy n she replied there embassy has a mailcom to fetch all letters for USEmnbassy( letter posted to a government post office) so she told me there was a long vacation expect that business stopped try to call embassy again next week she said but not on monday try next day:)) no wonder courier not moving,, embassy will get all letters by them from that governemnt post office,,, I hope you can resolve your problem too i can feel how upset angry u are and the stress the processing us;(! patience my friend evdn we feel worn out;)! like i sid no choice thn to redo them or else we cant fly to the USA and be with our loved ones,, Goodluck , just do it, arguing with NVc wont help if they say lost already;)))!we how precious time is, whT matters theres a chAnce!

Okay, the lost forms are the entire set of AOS forms along with supporting evidence. I am the petitioner, and I was unemployed when I started the process. I didn't file taxes because I didn't work, and my I was my father's dependent. AOS package was sent via certified mail, and NVC received, and signed the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE receipt, but later claimed that they never received them. I submitted again, but they keep sending checklists because they say that documents like, tax information from my joint-sponsor is missing when it was clearly put together with everything else. At this point, it is really not a matter of time, but a matter of where the HELL are they putting my documents. I send them, they don't have them, even when I CAN PROVE TO THEM THAT THEY HAVE IT! Do you see my frustration? I just completely give up. THEY WON THIS BATTLE. whenever it happens, it will happen.

so u r the petitioner, snd that nvc said all docs u sent were all missing;(! oh that what happened i

feel the same how u feel, for me it a matter of time bcoz of my hubby needs treatment and we requested for expedited, and when interview came lady staff in the embassy said No AoS, no cenomar, no foreign police clearance so no doubt u are screaming i may say the same where the HELL these documents too, NVC said all forwarded to embassy nothing left in thwir hand:)) ridiculous and embassy stressed out too nvc didnt include those missing docs in the packet so who is responsible how come nvc so careless;(! i dont care resubmitting the rest of the docs as long as they can show me my foreign clearance that took time for me to apply for it and waited too long, called this foreign police officers and gave me tracking no. and seen that nvc got the registered but u know like uv said THEY WON, how we wish whatever documents been submitted to NVC it should be properly kept an well taken and handled with care too, doing alot of files made one staff mistake on where docs to be clipped with the right file;( thats not an excuse they have been doin this job even before and im sure they were briefed by their superior of handling, and well organized on docs lol;(! sorry but we have no choice my friend just redo and make everytime u send docs to nvc always attached ur complete file case number:)! and with this w2 i think u still have to submit the last tax u did when u were still working plus ur co-sponsor joint aos, but even how hard how complete all ur docs like uve said nvc is so careless not organize of,, just imagine how high those docs inside a stock room/s then later recorded to their system, hope they scruinize papers well then put in record and marked as READ REVIEWED !! so they dont go over n over again atleast even docs misplaced

its considered COMPLETEly REVIEWEd and its FINAL! wish they were in our shoe too but if i were a staff of them, i wont be as lousy as the one who misplaced lost our docs my friend! Cool down,,just redo it, im sure lawyer will not go with nvc argue with lost docs anymore,, u want ur loved ones to be with u;()! then dont give up,,, send them double copies of docs this time so no excuse for nvc anymore,, Goodluck:)

so u r the petitioner, snd that nvc said all docs u sent were all missing;(! oh that what happened i

feel the same how u feel, for me it a matter of time bcoz of my hubby needs treatment and we requested for expedited, and when interview came lady staff in the embassy said No AoS, no cenomar, no foreign police clearance so no doubt u are screaming i may say the same where the HELL these documents too, NVC said all forwarded to embassy nothing left in thwir hand:)) ridiculous and embassy stressed out too nvc didnt include those missing docs in the packet so who is responsible how come nvc so careless;(! i dont care resubmitting the rest of the docs as long as they can show me my foreign clearance that took time for me to apply for it and waited too long, called this foreign police officers and gave me tracking no. and seen that nvc got the registered but u know like uv said THEY WON, how we wish whatever documents been submitted to NVC it should be properly kept an well taken and handled with care too, doing alot of files made one staff mistake on where docs to be clipped with the right file;( thats not an excuse they have been doin this job even before and im sure they were briefed by their superior of handling, and well organized on docs lol;(! sorry but we have no choice my friend just redo and make everytime u send docs to nvc always attached ur complete file case number:)! and with this w2 i think u still have to submit the last tax u did when u were still working plus ur co-sponsor joint aos, but even how hard how complete all ur docs like uve said nvc is so careless not organize of,, just imagine how high those docs inside a stock room/s then later recorded to their system, hope they scruinize papers well then put in record and marked as READ REVIEWED !! so they dont go over n over again atleast even docs misplaced

its considered COMPLETEly REVIEWEd and its FINAL! wish they were in our shoe too but if i were a staff of them, i wont be as lousy as the one who misplaced lost our docs my friend! Cool down,,just redo it, im sure lawyer will not go with nvc argue with lost docs anymore,, u want ur loved ones to be with u;()! then dont give up,,, send them double copies of docs this time so no excuse for nvc anymore,, Goodluck:)

I personally doubt a lawyer can do anything at this point. You need to call at different times during the day (early, mid-day and evening) to get ahold of a supervisor (we had to do this and we have spoken to them on a couple occasions). We were told that the call center does not have physical access to the documents. From my experience, I think that they are not organized and they are terrible at updating the system. I bet your documents are sitting under a pile on a desk somewhere, or filed away and someone just needs to correct the system. I am sorry you are going through this and I completely understand the feeling... just try to stay calm and on top of them. When it comes to sending them another AOS with the W2, when did you send the AOS? It really depends on the reviewer due to their inconsistencies in directions (we were actually told by one NVC person that they were out of date and you could get flagged for either method depending on the reviewer). I personally would wait for their reply after the one you just sent, maybe they will allow you to bring documents to the interview.

I-130
17-07-2013 Married (L)
18-10-2013 I-130 petition sent to NBC
23-10-2013 NBC received I-130 petition
10-03-2014 I-130 was transferred to TSC
14-04-2014 I-130 APPROVED :dancing:

NVC
18-04-2014 File Shipped to NVC
28-04-2014 NVC received both files

21-05-2014 NVC case number given over phone

02-06-2014 NVC IIN/BIN number received by emailed :thumbs:
02-06-2014 DS-261 Available and completed online
03-06-2014 I-864 (AOS) Bill Generated and Paid
05-06-2014 I-864 (AOS) Bill Shows Paid
13-06-2014 I-864 (AOS) Package Sent
16-06-2014 I-864 (AOS) Package Received :whistle:

16-07-2014 Called NVC and had supervisor manually unlock IV fee due to wait being over 30 business days

18-07-2014 IV Bill invoiced and Paid

20-07-2014 DS-260 Available and Completed online
28-07-2014 IV Packet Sent

30-07-2014 IV Packet Received

10-10-2014 Case Complete :no:

06-11-2014 Consulte received case

09-12-2014 Interview Date- APPROVED :thumbs::D:dance:

15-12-2014 Visa received :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.