markcbarta

Checklist Error Absolutely Infuriated!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am so angry!! I just off the phone with the NVC because I wanted to make sure I understood the checklist that was sent to me. Thank God I called because both checklists were for my cosponsor (my mother), BUT the operator proceeded to tell me that one was for my mother and the other was for me! They were both addressed to my mother HOWEVER because they have a problem in their system and they can't edit the emails?????????????????

Now I am totally confused. I know what I need to do for my mother's i864 but for mine I am in the dark. I have stated my income as 0,00 because I am living out of the country and only make foreign income, but I forgot to fill out my income on 10c that was on 5c (0,00). Also on my checklist (which was listed as my mother's) it stated the need to provide proof of income, paystubs/letter etc... I spoke to the operator about this and she said that I need to provide evidence that I am working. So I guess I will provide pay stubs that are in a foreign language and a letter of employment which can be written in English.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yeah it's nvc's mistake, they made the same mistake to our checklist, so the operator was right"that one was for my mother and the other was for me!", provide pay stubs and emlpoyment letter is ok!

USCIS
-October 15 2013- Sent I-130
-October 18, 2013- NOA1 E-notification received.
-October 25, 2013- NOA1 hard copy received. Processing at NBC.
-March 07, 2014- Case was transferred to CSC.
-March 14, 2014- Transfer notice hard copy received (CSC).
-March 18, 2014- I-130 was approved!!!

NVC:

-March 27, 2014- NVC received
-April 28, 2014- Case# and IIN assigned
-May 02, 2014- DS-261 submitted online

-May 04, 2014- ENROLL email sent

-May 09, 2014- pay AOS and IV fees

-May 12, 2014- 88$,230$ shows paid

-May 12, 2014- DS-260 available

-May 14 2014- DS-260 completed

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I AM NOT THAT GUY

I know I have to report my income. I have done that, but listing on the AOS is listed as 0 because foreign income doesn't count if it won't continue when we move.

Timeline

Exactly :) We have to be careful what we post bc this process is difficult enough and we may confuse people if we are not 100 percent sure of the info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.