joliejolie

Visiting parent in home country! when? how long?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, i have heard/read the good reviews of this website, and how much this community is awesome, today i'm registering in this website, to become one of this nice community, to help with my experience with (CR1) and get help too, i entered USA in Feb 2014, with immigrant visa (CR1), I do not work yet for some reasons, i have some questions i wish i can get some answers to them please:

1.I would like to visit my home country next month with my spouse (may be) for 6 or 5 weeks (1 month and half), some people they told me i can't do that, because i can lose my permanent residence if i travel now , and if stay 1 month and half ? is that true? how much do i have to stay outside of USA for visit? without affecting any future immigration process? like removing condition or citizenship,its too early to talk about remove condition or citizenship but i really worry because no one has any answer of my questions i just hear i will lose my residence if i travel now ,but i really miss my parents,

2.how much time maximum to stay overseas outside USA if you are going to remove condition?

how much time maximum to stay overseas if you are going to apply for citizenship in the earliest time with your US spouse ?

3.i don't know the exact time to apply for removing condition, or citizenship(my us spouse encourage me to apply for citizenship) ?

4. why people they apply for citizenship? its good thing to apply for it ? is there any benefits ? i made research online but still do not understand well the reason!

Thank you , i looking forward to get some answers from here

Happy new year

Edited by joliejolie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You ask several questions with several varied, but allied topics. I will move your thread where you will likely get more appropriate responses about your travel concerns expressed in questions 1 & 2. Questions 3 & 4 are likely best asked in the ROC and US Citizenship Forums (respectively).

~Moved from Moving to the US to Working & Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

As long as you do not stay outside of the U.S. for a year or more you will keep your green card.

If you stay outsuide the U.S. for more than 180 days it will affect how soon you can apply for citizenship. It will also mean that you will probably be questioned when you come back. (I suggest limiting time outside the U.S. to under 180 days).

You remove conditions when (three months before) your 2-year green card expires.

You can apply for citizenship 90 days before you have had your green card for three years.

When you have citizenship you can spend as much time as you want outside the U.S. You can also vote (important to me).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.