Unidentified

Swede with questions about medical and criminal record

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sweet, I have finally found where all the Europeans hang out! I have heard people talking about these regional forums but there are so many forums here it's kind of confusing...

Anyway, I have a few questions. I am currently waiting for my NOA2, have been waiting since end of July. I was wondering if I can get some stuff out of the way before the NOA2 and hopefully speed up the rest of the process. I also know that difference embassy's have different rules about these sort of things so I am hoping some fellow Swedes (or partners of awesome Swedes) can help me out with some questions.

1. If I were to request a copy of my criminal record (or lack thereof) now, how long would it be valid?

2. Can I do the medical exam without having received my NOA2 yet? If I did do my medical now, how long would it be valid?

Thank you so much in advance!!

/Maria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

criminal record is valid for 1 year.

medical is valid for 6 months.

your visa will expire when 6 months have past since medical exam. example

medical feb, interview june, expired visa july august.

in göteborg they do medical exams every other wednsday. we had no problems booking.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Sweet, I have finally found where all the Europeans hang out! I have heard people talking about these regional forums but there are so many forums here it's kind of confusing...

Anyway, I have a few questions. I am currently waiting for my NOA2, have been waiting since end of July. I was wondering if I can get some stuff out of the way before the NOA2 and hopefully speed up the rest of the process. I also know that difference embassy's have different rules about these sort of things so I am hoping some fellow Swedes (or partners of awesome Swedes) can help me out with some questions.

1. If I were to request a copy of my criminal record (or lack thereof) now, how long would it be valid?

2. Can I do the medical exam without having received my NOA2 yet? If I did do my medical now, how long would it be valid?

Thank you so much in advance!!

/Maria

I did my medical in Göteborg and it was valid for 1 year. Same with the police record, 1 year).

I'm going to butt in here with a follow-up question (which really Maria&Seve also asked, so...): Can the medical exam be done before the paperwork is at the embassy? It would be nice to get this out of the way asap, but if the embassy would frown upon it, it's obviously best not to do it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I did my medical in Göteborg and it was valid for 1 year. Same with the police record, 1 year).

Okay it seems to be different between clinics. Since I posted this I contacted a clinic and they said it was valid for 6 months.

I'm going to butt in here with a follow-up question (which really Maria&Seve also asked, so...): Can the medical exam be done before the paperwork is at the embassy? It would be nice to get this out of the way asap, but if the embassy would frown upon it, it's obviously best not to do it.

According to the clinic I have contacted since posting this questions it doesn't seem necessary for it to have reached the embassy. At least I interpreted the "if you have a case/alien number you need to bring it" as it doesn't have to be at the embassy as you get your case/alien number at some point after NOA2. I think it's when it is at NVC or when it is actually at the embassy that you get the number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.