raven52

Does anyone understand what an I-824 is, or does?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have posted about my friend Tom's "journey" on here before, and always gotten very good information.

He was granted a K-1 in 2011. It ended in divorce, as his wife signed a form admitting adultery, and various other acts, that was bad for any marriage. Over, done with, gone, and so is his ex, in Germany and re-married.

Tom returned to Cebu, Philippines this past October and November and filed a second K-1 on 11-22-14, and received his NOA 2 on 12-28-14.

The I-797 noted it was his second K-1 NOA 2 approval, and said, that a I-824 may be required, and mainly talks about "previously issued visa's or petitions" and I am not competent enough to understand the meaning, although I have read everything I can find about an I-824.

All Tom wants, is a good, faithful wife, and his K-1 approved and his new love to be allowed to enter the USA, on K-1

Any input about this I-824, or any general information, or opinions are surely welcomed.

The I-797 also, said it had all his previously submitted information.

Things are so different, that when me and my wife went through this stage, I just do not remember.

I think Tom now needs a hard copy from NVC, with a number on it, so he they can schedule the interview, and the medical is a "first come first served basis" then the CFO.

All, and any comments appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.