KGEH

Help! Trying to schedule an appointment.... Jamacia

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have registered, completed the online ds-160 and paid the visa fee but get a page that's says we should enter date received in appointment letter. It's been three weeks since we registered and have gotten nothing by post or email. Calling the embassy only gets us an angry employee rereading the page that states we need to enter the date received in letter. Emailed embassy with case number, passport face page, and ceac number.... And all that we get is the 3 page instruction manual (which states we should schedule an appointment online!) Are we doing something wrong?

Timeline

Hi if you check out a couple of threads before yours you will find a huge conversation about this. One which I was very involved along with several others. Because the Embassy is implementing alot of new changes the instructions aren't very clear for K1 Visa Applicants. I sent emails back and forth with them for several months because I did not want to do the wrong thing. The embassy answered our emails but unfortunately they were never really clear in their instructions. I now believe that was just a minor language barrier. We proceeded and scheduled our own Appointment and to make sure we were correct we then sent a copy of the confirmation page to the Embassy asking if this was the correct step to take. Per the email from the Embassy the step we took in scheduling our own Appointment was correct and that K1 Visa Applicants schedule their own Appointments now. My fiance had no problems getting his medical done. I hope sharing our experience will help you.

Timeline

Hi if you check out a couple of threads before yours you will find a huge conversation about this. One which I was very involved along with several others. Because the Embassy is implementing alot of new changes the instructions aren't very clear for K1 Visa Applicants. I sent emails back and forth with them for several months because I did not want to do the wrong thing. The embassy answered our emails but unfortunately they were never really clear in their instructions. I now believe that was just a minor language barrier. We proceeded and scheduled our own Appointment and to make sure we were correct we then sent a copy of the confirmation page to the Embassy asking if this was the correct step to take. Per the email from the Embassy the step we took in scheduling our own Appointment was correct and that K1 Visa Applicants schedule their own Appointments now. My fiance had no problems getting his medical done.

Also because of all of the new changes if you decide to proceed with scheduling your appointment I would send a copy of the confirmation page to the Embassy and hopefully if you proceeded in error they will let you know.

Timeline

Our page is Green. The blue page does not give the K1 Visa as an option. I know because we started that one and was very confused when we did not find the K1 Visa as an option. We were later instructed what to do. The K1 Visa is unique because its process includes steps from the NIV & IV but we definitely filed on the green page

Timeline

I'm sorry. Im still really confused and can't locate the thread dealing with this issue. You just went ahead and plugged in a date without an appointment letter?

Its the thread titled Appointment Letter - Jamaica it started around December 4th I believe. I had to go back to like page 8 to find it.

Yes we scheduled our own Appointment but every step we took we continued to send emails to the Embassy letting them know so if we did something wrong they could tell us. If you email the Embassy they will respond. There was never one time that the Embassy did not respond. You may not like or understand their answer but they do respond. If you don't understand the answer email tgem again and remember they have 5 business days to answer you.

Timeline

Fyi- I did go ahead and plug in a date on the form that said do not proceed without appointment letter, and the embassy sent the appointment letter the following day with the date I chose. Wish this was all more clear cut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Fyi- I did go ahead and plug in a date on the form that said do not proceed without appointment letter, and the embassy sent the appointment letter the following day with the date I chose. Wish this was all more clear cut.

Did you receive NOA2 ??.....If so, please fill in your timeline , other August filers rely on this information.

Thanks and Happy New Year !

Timeline

Great...I'm so glad to hear it worked out for you. I agree this phase of the process could be a little clearer but the Embassy did tell me that they were in the process of changing their system so hopefully it will get easier for those coming after us.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Wow it's been awhile for us. My husband did his medical in 2014 but if I remember correctly it wasn't more than $300. At the medical he said he did everything...x-rays, blood work,shots. He said the shots are what are so expensive. Once your medical is done they should mail the results to the embassy. But please remember we did everything in 2014 so some things may have changed. The process is always changing. Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.