Rmarciam

South Africa K1 visa interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Me and my fiance are about to start K1 visa process, i just figure it out its going to be hard so i will be very thankfully if you can help us in this process. I am from Mozambique but i just notice that i will have the interview in South Africa, and i am confused, what is exactly unabridged birth certificate? What about medical examination i will have to do in South Africa? since we have Us embassy here in Maputo, there are certified doctors so we can do here? What about Police Certification, since i am not living in South Africa , do they will ask me for police certification from South Africa too , besides from my home country?

Thank You in Advance wish you all lucky on this K1 visa process.

Rmarciam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. My fiancé is Rwandan but he must go through the embassy in Kenya for his interview. I'm not exactly sure about the unabridged birth certificate. But I do know that for my fiancé he must do his medical in Kenya by a specific doctor that the embassy assigns. He will have to get a police record only from Rwanda, not Kenya. I assume the same would be for you. You only need police records for any country you've lived in over six months. You should check out the specifics for the embassy in South Africa to be sure. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=South%20Africa&cty=Johannesburg

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there

I'm going through the IR-1 visa, I'm South African and my husband is a US Citizen. Our petition got approved and now waiting for the NVC to complete the case. An unabridged birth certificate is a birth certificate with your place of birth, both your parent's names and I think their dates of birth, its a long form certificate. if your interview is in SA, it makes sense to do the medical exam there but if there are certified doctors in Mozambique and its more convinient to do it there, it should be okay. if you have never lived in SA especially for more than 6months, you don't need the South African police clearance certificate

Edited by yolisa315

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.