jeanjean18

CFO Worst for me!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I been in Cfo yesterday and its sucks for me tht i need to come back and give some requirements! Why they need the verry first time we chat need te date and etcetera! But embassy they never ask for it and i get my visa! And i think that couseling is not really help for me! Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Timeline

I been in Cfo yesterday and its sucks for me tht i need to come back and give some requirements! Why they need the verry first time we chat need te date and etcetera! But embassy they never ask for it and i get my visa! And i think that couseling is not really help for me! Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Is there an age gap difference? CFO are quite strict into huge age difference but just prove them that you really love each other. That's what they need. Just give what they need:)

K1 TIMELINE:

Packet Sent: October 23, 2014

Packet Received: October 24, 2014

NOA1: October 27, 2014

ARN Changed: October 31, 2014

NOA1 hardcopy received: November 06, 2014

RFE Issued: November 24, 2014

RFE Hardcopy received: November 27, 2014

RFE Reply Sent: December 02, 2014

RFE Received: December 05, 2014

NOA2: December 11, 2014

Sent to NVC: Dec 15, 2014

NVC Received: December 23, 2014

Case Number Assigned: December 26, 2014

NVC Left: December 30, 2014

Consulate Received (Ready): January 05, 2015

Interview Date : February 02, 2015- Approved!

Visa On-Hand : February 14, 2015

POE: April 06, 2015 (Dallas)

SSN Issued: April 20, 2015

Wedding: June 09, 2015

SSN Name Changed: June 20, 2015

AOS TIMELINE:

AOS Sent: June 29, 2015

USCIS Received: July 01, 2015

NOA1 Electronic Mail: July 08, 2015

NOA1 Hardcopy&Biometric Appointment: July 17, 2015

Biometric Schedule : July 29, 2015 (Lubbock, Tx)

EA​D/AP Approval: September 03, 2015

EAD/AP Ca​rd received: September 11, 2015

AOS Approved:Novemner 09, 2015

Green Card On-Hand: November 14, 2015

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png

Timeline

yahhh we did and we show everything.. but still they are so strict than embassy.. thats wow ha.. and im not satisfied for what they saying on seminar!!!!!!!!!!!!! the girl that interview me is on a powertrip and making things difficult.!!!!!! duhhhhh!!!! :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jean!! How are you?

Me too, the counselor asked me copies of chat logs and unfortunately I forgot to bring those!!... She said they need the copies from day 1 especially for those couples who met online... I think the counselor just doing her job. Don't take it personally,, :) What I did is, I went back on CFO and bring the copies and presto! I got my certificate and sticker.. :)

I arrived here last December 26th and we got married December 30th.

Relax friend, and just give the CFO what they need,,

Edited by Dan&Yvette

***K-1 Visa***

MAY 01, 2014: Met in person and got Engaged!
JULY 01, 2014: Sent I-129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox
JULY 04, 2014: Received via USPS Tracking
JULY 09, 2014: USCIS received the case - route to CSC - notified via email/text
JULY 10, 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received and ARN changed
SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
OCTOBER 01, 2014: Got NOA2 Hardcopy
OCTOBER 15, 2014: Called NVC and got our MNL case # (19 days after approval)
OCTOBER 20, 2014: Paid the visa fee (BPI)
OCTOBER 22, 2014: Case status "In Transit". Completed and submitted DS-160 Form
OCTOBER 23, 2014: CEAC status "READY"
OCTOBER 30, 2014: Received NVC Letter thru mail (letter dated October 21st)
NOVEMBER 17, 2014: Medical (SLEC) - Result "Passed"
NOVEMBER 21, 2014: Received letter from US Embassy (Manila)
NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Interview - Result "Approved" :thumbs:
NOVEMBER 26, 2014: CEAC status "Administrative Processing"
NOVEMBER 28, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED" :dance:
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 06, 2014: Got my Visa. :dancing:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar
DECEMBER 26, 2014: POE - San Francisco, CA (L) (L)
DECEMBER 30, 2014: Courthouse Wedding

JANUARY 15, 2015: Got my SS card (with my married name)

***AOS, EAD & AP***

MARCH 12, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD & AP packet via USPS (Express Mail)

MARCH 13, 2015: Packet delivered & signed (via USPS tracking)

MARCH 18, 2015: Receipt notice from USCIS (via text message and email)

MARCH 23, 2015: Received NOA's in mail

APRIL 04, 2015 : Received Biometrics Appointment Notice via mail

APRIL 14, 2015 : Biometrics (in Oakland)

APRIL 23, 2015 : Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

APRIL 29, 2015 : Received letter from USCIS for my initial interview

MAY 27, 2015 : EAD and AP is approved

MAY 29, 2015 : Interview.... APPROVED!!!

JUNE 04, 2015 : EAD/AP combo card received

JUNE 07, 2015 : GC received!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Commentary about country-specific process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For CFO you need to be confident and self assured when interviewing at CFO, act shy or meek and they will be all over you like sharks to dinner...

Read the CFO tab in my link below.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Don't mean to hijack thread.

Hank or anyone. Can I attend CFO with my Fiance? Can her parents attend with her? she is above 25 so she doesn't need consent but still can they go?

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Timeline

yahhh we did and we show everything.. but still they are so strict than embassy.. thats wow ha.. and im not satisfied for what they saying on seminar!!!!!!!!!!!!! the girl that interview me is on a powertrip and making things difficult.!!!!!! duhhhhh!!!! :cry:

Cfo just wants to make sure that everythin is legit and they don't want you to be sorry when you get here. In fact, they will provide you with important booklet that will be your reference while you're on your way here. Think of it this way, the government is just concerned about us no matter who we are and what our social status is.

You could have read some cfo experiences that were posted here as your guide. The embassy wasn't that strict coz they already made a background check to your partner which I doubt cfo has access with.

Timeline

Hank or anyone. Can I attend CFO with my Fiance? Can her parents attend with her? she is above 25 so she doesn't need consent but still can they go?

They can but they can't get in to their office. Only your fiance will be allowed to get in, attend the seminar and the interview too.

Timeline

You can go sit outside and wait... you can't attend the seminar or interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

What is CFO? Counselor at the Foreign Office? My God, the acronyms on this site...maddening.

Also, my fiancé and I communicate 100% via Skype. In one day alone, we might generate tens of pages of messages. Conversely, when we use cam, we generate zero pages.

And our first Skype chat? That was ages ago and I've no "copy" of it and the Skype log doesn't even go back that far....

Blueblood, I see you just signed up. Take the time to read up. Especially since you're doing the K-1 process, the link on member Hank_'s signature will be of big help.

The CFO is the Council for Filipinos Overseas. They provide required seminars for Filipinos emigrating overseas. This will be something that you guys will have to go through. So be sure to read up.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

What is CFO? Counselor at the Foreign Office? My God, the acronyms on this site...maddening.

Also, my fiancé and I communicate 100% via Skype. In one day alone, we might generate tens of pages of messages. Conversely, when we use cam, we generate zero pages.

And our first Skype chat? That was ages ago and I've no "copy" of it and the Skype log doesn't even go back that far....

Relax. Serious. Relax.

Details for EVERYTHING for the K-1 process is in the link below. Follow the flashing arrow and start reading.

As for chat logs, you only need a SMALL sampling showing your ongoing relationship.

Lastly CFO requires those exiting the Philippines to attend a seminar and get a sticker in their passport. Again, details in the link below, follow the flashing arrow. :):thumbs:

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.