rrodriguez

AOS Checklist HELP!

11 posts in this topic

I just mailed my AOS with blanks on several things that did not apply to me. I got a first checklist with another error that I corrected, but I didn't put any N/As as the checklist didn't state it. I was not aware of this discrepancy with leaving Blank spaces. I am wondering if since I just mailed it. If I should mail another one again with the N/A on. Please help

I just mailed my AOS with blanks on several things that did not apply to me. I got a first checklist with another error that I corrected, but I didn't put any N/As as the checklist didn't state it. I was not aware of this discrepancy with leaving Blank spaces. I am wondering if since I just mailed it. If I should mail another one again with the N/A on. Please help

I just want to tell you to call NVC as soon as you can, find out if you can mail it again (please make sure you send it via certified mail with signature required) when you call NVC, take the name down of the person helping you, date, and time, and also if you can, make sure they notify you somehow that they actually talked to you and received your mail. This might sound crazy, but I am going through HELL with NVC because sore of the same thing. My cases have been delay like crazy because I filed the first AOS wrong, called them, sent them again, but they claim they did not receive. Now, after almost 5 months, and TWO CHECKLIST! My cases are under review for a supervisor to look into my files and find all of the "MISSING DOCUMENTS".. Good luck, and please, DO NOT TRUST NVC.

My second AOS was just received at the NVC and I got an email today confirming that. I mailed it on Sat and they Received it on Thursday. I am just very worried because now I realize I can get a second checklist for leaving blanks. I just rather send it again to save that time even though I just mailed it. My only worry is that getting another corrected copy might trigger another problem, but again I don't want that second checklist. I wonder if people that mailed it with blanks ever got through it without checklist. This is really nerve-wracking. :(

My second AOS was just received at the NVC and I got an email today confirming that. I mailed it on Sat and they Received it on Thursday. I am just very worried because now I realize I can get a second checklist for leaving blanks. I just rather send it again to save that time even though I just mailed it. My only worry is that getting another corrected copy might trigger another problem, but again I don't want that second checklist. I wonder if people that mailed it with blanks ever got through it without checklist. This is really nerve-wracking. :(

That is exactly what happened to me. Just three days after sending my first ones (I am petitioning for my husband and step-daughter) I realized there was a mistake with them. I called NVC, and the guy on the phone told me to send them again, and to label "NEW AND CORRECTED FORMS I-864, and CASE #####) on the outside of the evelope. That ended up bitting me in the butt! Like I said before, almost five months later, I just sent my third affidavit of support. Make sure that whomever you talk to, really helps you out..... Don't forget, certified mail to them is a must. By this point, I am even recording my calls there, just in case....

That is exactly what happened to me. Just three days after sending my first ones (I am petitioning for my husband and step-daughter) I realized there was a mistake with them. I called NVC, and the guy on the phone told me to send them again, and to label "NEW AND CORRECTED FORMS I-864, and CASE #####) on the outside of the evelope. That ended up bitting me in the butt! Like I said before, almost five months later, I just sent my third affidavit of support. Make sure that whomever you talk to, really helps you out..... Don't forget, certified mail to them is a must. By this point, I am even recording my calls there, just in case....

So you are saying that resending the forms is a bad idea?

Edited by rrodriguez

Hi Did you get a checklist for leaving anything blank? Or was it for something else?

I received a checklist only for not answering item #10 on the i864ez (Country of Residence). I totally overlooked it so I just answered and sent it back last week. My fear is getting that N/A checklist since I left some items blank like the A# (because I don't have one I'm a US Citizen) also the the Mailing Address I left it blank since the form states to leave it blank if it's the same address as the residence address.

I received a checklist only for not answering item #10 on the i864ez (Country of Residence). I totally overlooked it so I just answered and sent it back last week. My fear is getting that N/A checklist since I left some items blank like the A# (because I don't have one I'm a US Citizen) also the the Mailing Address I left it blank since the form states to leave it blank if it's the same address as the residence address.

Thank you for your reply. We are going to send our packages this week. IM not sure if anyone has said that 100%it is best to put N/A In all blank areas but I think we will to be on safe side especially on applicants alien registration.

So you are saying that resending the forms is a bad idea?

No, I am not saying that. What I am saying is to make sure to call NVC before you do anything, and also to make sure to get notification by either email, or mail that you communicated with them. If I knew then what I know now, I would have requested to speak to a supervisor the first time I called with the issue. Just be careful, and get everything documented... Who knows, maybe your caseworker is not a complete idiot like mine is. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.