Jrobson89

Still no interview date

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my medical at Knightsbridge on November 24th. My notice of readiness and ds160 were completed around the same time, yet I still have had no word and I'm starting to worry. Can anyone give me an idea of the time line or what could be going on?

I had my medical at Knightsbridge on November 24th. My notice of readiness and ds160 were completed around the same time, yet I still have had no word and I'm starting to worry. Can anyone give me an idea of the time line or what could be going on?

Typically it can take up to 6 weeks to get an interview date. If you don't hear anything by then you should contact them online.

I hope you get yours soon!

(We submitted our DS160 and Readiness on 10/6 and didn't get our interview letter until Late November for Dec 9th interview. )

I-129F Process

Package Sent: 06/04/2014
Accepted (NOA1): 06/12/2014
Alien Reg. # Changed: 06/16/2014
Petition Approved (NOA2): 08/21/2014
Arrived at Consulate: 09/12/2014
DS160 Completed: 10/07/2014
Readiness: 10/07/2014
Medical: 10/08/2014
Interview: 12/09/2014 - APPROVED!
- CEAC Change to NonImmigrant - 12/10/2014
- CEAC Changed to AP - 12/11/2014
- CEAC Changed to Issued - 12/12/2014
Passport/Visa Received: 12/17/2014
POE: 12/22/2014 Chicago
Wedding: 02/03/2015

Our beautiful baby girl was born via csection January 10th 2015.

AOS Process

Mailed I-485, I-131 and I-765: 07/24/2015
Packet Delivered: 07/27/2015
Electronic NOA: 07/30/2015
Check Cashed: 07/31/2015
NOA1's Hardcopies Received: 08/04/2015
Biometrics Appt: 08/18/2015

EAD/AP Approved: 10/02/2015

- Card Ordered: 10/02/2015

- Approval Mailed: 10/06/2015

- Approval Received: 10/07/2015

- Combo Card Received: 10/08/2015

Interview: No Interview or VW
AOS Decision: Approved 01/30/2016

Your medical results didn't get to the embassy until maybe Nov 28. Allow three to six weeks from then before you panic. It hasn't been two weeks yet.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

My medical was on the 19th and they received it on the 28th. I have no letter but I emailed them last night and they informed me that the interview is on the 9th. Am so gutted it's not before Christmas but I guess that's just the way it is. They also said the letter was sent on the 5th and is still not here so don't worry the letter is probably on the way.

Timeline

My medical was on the 19th and they received it on the 28th. I have no letter but I emailed them last night and they informed me that the interview is on the 9th. Am so gutted it's not before Christmas but I guess that's just the way it is. They also said the letter was sent on the 5th and is still not here so don't worry the letter is probably on the way.

Who did you email? The US embassy?

Timeline

Yea there is a page which you have a few options to chose from and I clicked "change interview date". Go on the London U.S. embassy website it's on there.

http://london.usembassy.gov/mobile/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Timeline

Yea there is a page which you have a few options to chose from and I clicked "change interview date". Go on the London U.S. embassy website it's on there.

http://london.usembassy.gov/mobile/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Thank you. I'll send them one tomorrow morning.

Hopefully mine isn't too late.

The date on my NOA to be on US was February 8th

Thank you. I'll send them one tomorrow morning.

Hopefully mine isn't too late.

The date on my NOA to be on US was February 8th

No that date is when your petition expires so if you haven't interviewed by then, it will have to be extended. That is no problem.

You have to be in the US before your visa expires. That will be 6 months from you medical date, so around May 24.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

No that date is when your petition expires so if you haven't interviewed by then, it will have to be extended. That is no problem.

You have to be in the US before your visa expires. That will be 6 months from you medical date, so around May 24.

Ah OK thank you for clearing that up.

Still, I would really like to be in the states by January. The wait has been way too hard and we're both ready for it to be over.

Thanks for the help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think this is one of the most frustrating parts of the wait.....the inconsistency in wait time! My fiance's medical was Nov 24 and interview is Dec 17 and I found that out by calling NVC last week! Supposedly the letter was mailed on Dec 5 but if I hadnt called NVC last Friday we still wouldnt know he is scheduled for an interview in 6 days! Best of luck! I would recommend calling NVC and ask about interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.