jc1

Book hotels in advance for medical?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm flying my fiancee to Manila for the medical and interview in January. Do we need to book the hotel in advance, or can she just show up and find a decent hotel near the SLEC?

I read some very helpful threads about hotels in the area, but I haven't heard much about booking in advance. Thanks for any help!

Timeline

I'm flying my fiancee to Manila for the medical and interview in January. Do we need to book the hotel in advance, or can she just show up and find a decent hotel near the SLEC?

I read some very helpful threads about hotels in the area, but I haven't heard much about booking in advance. Thanks for any help!

It's your choice. I made a reservation for my fiancée with the intention of securing it ahead of time.

Lesson learned for one reservation i made is that some of the SLEC area hotels use 3rd party reservation services. Apparently I selected 2 rooms online and was charged for both even though fiancée only required one room. Neither the hotel or 3rd party online reservation places would consider refunding the additional room. It's a long story, that's in short.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Book it in advance, even if you pay a few bucks more. She will have so much on her mind when she gets there that you don't want to burden her with this, even if registration is an easy walk in. Book it in advance and pay for it with your credit card so she can just walk in, sign the registration form, and get keys to her room placed in her hand.

Timeline

I would book it in advance. The Pope is in Manila January 15-19, 2015 and there is likely to be many people still home / visiting for Holidays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.