newbieUS

An urgent help please!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't received yet the supporting documents from my fiance and l only have few more days left before my interview ayayay! He no longer have the copy of the bank statement that he mailed me, so he rushed to the bank today to get a new one and dated today 08Dec. He also emailed me a new copy of his affidavit of support and dated 08Dec, would they accept in the USEM if its not an original copy? I'm so confused right now! I was thinking to just reschedule my interview and wait for the LBC delivery.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bank statements can be scanned copies but what I know I-134 should be original copy. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?..

USCIS

10-06-14--------- sent I-130 both parents

10-13-14--------- received notification email and text message

10-14-14--------- received another notification

10-16-14--------- NOA1 in the mail dated 10-09-14 for my dad

10-*****--------- Never received NOA1 for my mom's

11-07-14--------- approved both I-130

11-07-14--------- USCIS shipped both I-130 to NVC

NVC

11-19-14--------- NVC received both approved I-130

12-19-14--------- Received NVC case number

12-19-14--------- DS-261 both completed

12-19-14--------- AOS invoiced

12-20-14--------- AOS paid online

12-23-14--------- AOS shows "PAID"

01-08-15--------- IV invoiced

01-09-15--------- IV paid online

01-16-15--------- AOS andIV docs mailed

01-20-15--------- scan date

The I-134 Affidavit of support form should be original and signed and dated by the petitioner.. The supporting documents like form 1040 and w2 (2013) can be scanned or emailed to you by your fiance..... The embassy did not asked me for a copy of bank statement.....

Edited by Dan&Yvette

***K-1 Visa***

MAY 01, 2014: Met in person and got Engaged!
JULY 01, 2014: Sent I-129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox
JULY 04, 2014: Received via USPS Tracking
JULY 09, 2014: USCIS received the case - route to CSC - notified via email/text
JULY 10, 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received and ARN changed
SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
OCTOBER 01, 2014: Got NOA2 Hardcopy
OCTOBER 15, 2014: Called NVC and got our MNL case # (19 days after approval)
OCTOBER 20, 2014: Paid the visa fee (BPI)
OCTOBER 22, 2014: Case status "In Transit". Completed and submitted DS-160 Form
OCTOBER 23, 2014: CEAC status "READY"
OCTOBER 30, 2014: Received NVC Letter thru mail (letter dated October 21st)
NOVEMBER 17, 2014: Medical (SLEC) - Result "Passed"
NOVEMBER 21, 2014: Received letter from US Embassy (Manila)
NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Interview - Result "Approved" :thumbs:
NOVEMBER 26, 2014: CEAC status "Administrative Processing"
NOVEMBER 28, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED" :dance:
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 06, 2014: Got my Visa. :dancing:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar
DECEMBER 26, 2014: POE - San Francisco, CA (L) (L)
DECEMBER 30, 2014: Courthouse Wedding

JANUARY 15, 2015: Got my SS card (with my married name)

***AOS, EAD & AP***

MARCH 12, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD & AP packet via USPS (Express Mail)

MARCH 13, 2015: Packet delivered & signed (via USPS tracking)

MARCH 18, 2015: Receipt notice from USCIS (via text message and email)

MARCH 23, 2015: Received NOA's in mail

APRIL 04, 2015 : Received Biometrics Appointment Notice via mail

APRIL 14, 2015 : Biometrics (in Oakland)

APRIL 23, 2015 : Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

APRIL 29, 2015 : Received letter from USCIS for my initial interview

MAY 27, 2015 : EAD and AP is approved

MAY 29, 2015 : Interview.... APPROVED!!!

JUNE 04, 2015 : EAD/AP combo card received

JUNE 07, 2015 : GC received!!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't received yet the supporting documents from my fiance and l only have few more days left before my interview ayayay! He no longer have the copy of the bank statement that he mailed me, so he rushed to the bank today to get a new one and dated today 08Dec. He also emailed me a new copy of his affidavit of support and dated 08Dec, would they accept in the USEM if its not an original copy? I'm so confused right now! I was thinking to just reschedule my interview and wait for the LBC delivery.

Bank statement are secondary evidence, what is vital is copies his most recent tax return and W-2 along with an ORIGINAL I-134. Copies of the tax return, W-2 and bank statements can be emailed. I-134 can not be emailed.

With all that said, I suggest may not need to reschedule your interview, you could attend the interview with the copies, the CO will issue you a 221g for the original I-134, when that arrives have it delivered by 2GO along with whatever the instructions from the embassy state. This will be quicker than rescheduling at this time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you all. @Hank l just called the LBC and they made a report because my documents were unable to be found darn!!!!!! Why me oh Lord? :( are there more available slots for December 15th interview onwards? I asked my fiance to mail me his original affidavit of support again tomorrow. Any suggestions which one is more safe and the fastest way in mailing his AOS? Thank you.

Thank you all. @Hank l just called the LBC and they made a report because my documents were unable to be found darn!!!!!! Why me oh Lord? :( are there more available slots for December 15th interview onwards? I asked my fiance to mail me his original affidavit of support again tomorrow. Any suggestions which one is more safe and the fastest way in mailing his AOS? Thank you.

AOS?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My asawa always told me to use FedEx, but she lived in the Manila area. I believe UPS, FEDEX, or DHL are good.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My asawa always told me to use FedEx, but she lived in the Manila area. I believe UPS, FEDEX, or DHL are good.

I have found that DHL is really good for areas outside of metro manila. Fedex and DHL both are good in Metro Manila.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you don't live in Manila, but staying at a hotel for your interview, you can have Fedex or DHL deliver to the hotel. Just call the hotel and inform them that a letter will be delivered to you so they can sign for it and hold it until you check in.

If you live in Manila, Fedex or DHL are both really good. I had the quickest delivery with DHL.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Timeline

Good morning Hank, Paul&Jessica, brynz! Thank you so much for replying. My fiance used FedEx this time and l will get it on friday, hopefully. I realized l will still pursue my interview and show them the copies and just mail them the originals if they ask me to do so. Ayayay what a stressful and yet exciting journey! God bless us more. :) :) :)

Timeline

theres available in dec 18th 1 slot

post-193416-0-40728200-1418536887_thumb.jpg

Edited by lobos1369

09.06.14- Sent I-129f

09.11.14- NOA1 email

09.15.14- Alien Reg. changed

11.18.14- NOA2

02.02.15- Interview at US Embassy 

02.24.15 - POE San Francisco CA.

Timeline

I had my interview 3 days ago and l had no problem with my scanned affidavit of support. Yehey! :) Only the pre-screener Filipina consul asked my w2, 1040 and affidavit of support then gave it back to me. She only got my nbi, bpi receipt, cenomar and birth certificate. My final interview with the consul went went. He didn't bother to see my photo album and my supporting documents; only asked me 4 basic questions, after that he said have a nice day ahead ma'am because you are now approved! Congratulations! To my surprise l said huh? Wow! That's all sir??? Lol and he started laughing at me, yes! Why you want more questions? I replied, no sir! Thank you and may God bless you! And he smiled at me. :) :) :) the interview took only in LESS THAN ONE MINUTE! That was a fast interview approval! Due to my excitement, I wanted to give a hug to the CO but l couldn't hahaha!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.